*Updated* Android/iOS - Converting your project with Intel XDK / Uploading to Google Play Store

schatze

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
MV uses Ogg and m4a. M4a is for mobile devices, ogg is used on pcs. Gonna have to convert those mp3s =(
Too bad :(

thx for the info tho... :D

edit:

After i convert the mp3 the m4a and tried it on my phone

still got an error with the same thing :(

someone help :(

Last edited by a moderator:

doranikofu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Too bad :(

thx for the info tho... :D

edit:

After i convert the mp3 the m4a and tried it on my phone

still got an error with the same thing :(

someone help :(
I'm looking into the same problem. I can test play in XDK with some phone types but no sound. Nexus will pop up an error of missing audio...........

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I prefer COCOON over Intel XDK.

http://ludei.com/

They have an online compiler, of course Intel XDK has more bug testing capabilities. But this is just a HTML export of your  game, it shouldn't really matter to test it in a simulated environment. if you can't afford to test it on real platforms yourself, that's not good. I don't like simulated environments, they aren't the real thing.

Faytless

recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I prefer COCOON over Intel XDK.

http://ludei.com/

They have an online compiler, of course Intel XDK has more bug testing capabilities. But this is just a HTML export of your  game, it shouldn't really matter to test it in a simulated environment. if you can't afford to test it on real platforms yourself, that's not good. I don't like simulated environments, they aren't the real thing.
did they fix their compatibly issues with MV?   At this time, it shouldnt be working that last we tested on Canvas+. 

As cool as Canvas+ is,  you should probably add ludei does force you throw a Ludie Splash Screen on your project.

-------------

Using the emulator is not a good way to test sounds in XDK,  you won't get it to work -- its basically chromium in border.  I'll look into those other issues later,  I have been away the past week or so.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
did they fix their compatibly issues with MV?   At this time, it shouldnt be working that last we tested on Canvas+. 
I am going to write a tutorial when I make a game demo for it. I am not going to be using their web compiler. The web compiler only works with Construct 2/games built with HTML5 a certain way. You have to make a custom JS plugin that changes the way the export works to be compatible.

yongilcool

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
 could you tell us how to disable exiting function when pushing the BACK BUTTON on the mobile phone?

I finally made an apk that is running well now but pushing back button and exiting is just very disturbing when gaming :(

people will be kicked out of the game suddenly pushing this by mistake ... if you know how to disable this... plz tell us .....!

at least a choice that says "do you want to exit the game? yes/ no " 

so the player can be alarmed.

thank you !

chayd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well I tried this and downloaded the APK on Google play, it works but its lagging. The battle works, but once the battle is done, it leaves a shadow like square. But then I tried the method by myself using XDK. It works totally fine. Here is the video

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Has anyone tried porting their project to iPhone? 

chayd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
All the builds from Intel XDK might get this message

Hello Google Play Developer,

Your app(s) listed at the end of this email utilize a version of Apache Cordova, an open-source mobile development framework, that contains one or more security vulnerabilities.

Please migrate your app(s) to Apache Cordova v.4.1.1 or higher as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK. Beginning May 9, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates that use pre-4.1.1 versions of Apache Cordova.

But... I found this:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/609583

Our upcoming Cordova CLI 5.4.1 build system is expected to be "pinned" to: 

• cordova-android@5.0.0
  • cordova-ios@4.0.1
  • cordova-windows@4.3.0
  •  

Tarlochan5268

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sir i need to ask a Question....I also made my project in rpg maker...and www folder is 300mb than if i build project in Intel XDK will it upload my www folder and use 300mb of internet too ?? I just dont want to use alot of internet thats why i ask this question

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey @Faytless!

Can you use my demo as a project guinea pig to deploy the project for android and iPhone? The links to the demo are in my signature. 

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am going to write a tutorial when I make a game demo for it. I am not going to be using their web compiler. The web compiler only works with Construct 2/games built with HTML5 a certain way. You have to make a custom JS plugin that changes the way the export works to be compatible.

Have you had a chance to write this tutorial?

I'd love to find out how to use canvas+.

I've been able to get my game working with cocoon but only using webview.

Anbualex

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
Hi, i have a problem when i try to create an apk with Intel xdk ver 3000 (video version 2600) , I prepare the files and everything , I go in the build page and not make written crosswalk .... then later in the game the buil settings , and I see a string that says optimizes with crosswalk , enabled and done, after creating even the key , I upload on the server and after .... it 's all over , I can not download the file , I can not see him anywhere, I do not know where he is, the only message that appears and the one that says if I want to delete the file from the server ...... incomma fails to create a package , I'm trying the version with the python .... but the video and a bit stale and the programs are now updated ..... I was blocked by four days , thanks for any help XD

Dante S. Ryu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Cantonese
Primarily Uses
I've successfully exported an APK file and put it on Google Play.

However, I got problems.

(1.) There is no return button in option menu of the game, and the return button of my android quits the game.

How do I add "Go Back" functions?

(2.) RMMV default animations are too heavy for androids (Or is it just mine? Zenfone 2, android 5.0 if Google was right)
Is there a way to reduce the delay it creates?

(3.) Yanfly External Link Plugin works when I emulate on XDK with Zenfone 2 device, but it doesn't work on mine.

(4.) The Google Play Service is super confusing, so difficult to add achievements, API, and so on.

Could you make a tutorial on that, please? Your tutorials are nice and clear.  :)

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, i have a problem when i try to create an apk with Intel xdk ver 3000 (video version 2600) , I prepare the files and everything , I go in the build page and not make written crosswalk .... then later in the game the buil settings , and I see a string that says optimizes with crosswalk , enabled and done, after creating even the key , I upload on the server and after .... it 's all over , I can not download the file , I can not see him anywhere, I do not know where he is, the only message that appears and the one that says if I want to delete the file from the server ...... incomma fails to create a package , I'm trying the version with the python .... but the video and a bit stale and the programs are now updated ..... I was blocked by four days , thanks for any help XD

Are you still having this issue?  I;m sorry for the late reply.  It's much easier to get a hold of me via youtube ( it links to my google account / Phone)  I haven't looked into XDK in a long while,  but worst case scenario you should attempt the manual method.  I do have a video on it that has lots of positive Feed back!

I've successfully exported an APK file and put it on Google Play.

However, I got problems.

(1.) There is no return button in option menu of the game, and the return button of my android quits the game.

How do I add "Go Back" functions?

Back is tap your screen with two fingers

(2.) RMMV default animations are too heavy for androids (Or is it just mine? Zenfone 2, android 5.0 if Google was right)
Is there a way to reduce the delay it creates?

you will have to manually do so -- I rec that you make your animations yourself and optimize them for mobile ports though

(3.) Yanfly External Link Plugin works when I emulate on XDK with Zenfone 2 device, but it doesn't work on mine.

That's not something i'd be able to troubleshoot tbh XD

(4.) The Google Play Service is super confusing, so difficult to add achievements, API, and so on.

Could you make a tutorial on that, please? Your tutorials are nice and clear.  :)

Yes! However,  this is actually quiet difficult. Unless there has been plugins made for GoogleAPI, it's not on my highest priority to make this video.  I'm slowly returning back to the MV scene.  If you have any requests, you're more than welcome to let me know.

As i said in my other thread,  its much easier to contact me on YouTube.  It links to my Google Account, which is linked to my phone.  And as long as I'm not eating,  I'll try to awnser your questions within 1-2 days, but keep in mind,  I'm not doing this full time anymore :D

I wont be awnsering any older questions than these two,  However, if you still have issues that have been posted,  please let me know here, or by contacting me.  I haven't checked this in a LONG while.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Faytless, please do not use colors red or blue in your texts as those are reserved for moderator messages

I've removed the colors from your post

Sait™

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Can I build Android app without signing apk file, because I dont hava a certificate key ?

Faytless

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can I build Android app without signing apk file, because I dont hava a certificate key ?

Yes,  you can with both xdk and manually.  With iOS you NEED a cert key from a real mac to do anything.

with Android -- they don't care.  But make sure you understand what a c key is, and what its for.

srazysnake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Hello, Faytless- I was successful in creating android port of rpgmaker mv game of my own thanks to your intel xdk video tutorial and for that I'd like to thank you! :D

...however whenever I start the game on my phone- it drains my battery like no tomorrow;; and I'm using the latest phone too;;;

do you, or any others who have ported their games to android also suffer this problem?

I really want to create the android port that is efficient, or at the very least- not so much battery-drainy. []

* For info, my game's only 5 minutes long- but its gimmick is that it can instantly change its language settings from Korean to English from options menu.

I used iavra's plugin:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/53699-iavra-localization/

it basically lets the actors say 'A', but I have seperate text files that says 'A' is 'Korean' or 'English'.

...perheps this can make the game drain more batteries? (I didn't think so... but maybe?)

My game if you want to check it out:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xigxysgeku49iu7/03.+Project03-armv7.android.20160529175533.apk

you posted a video commenting on optimizing your mv game for android ports but never went into detail- perheps optimizing can help this phone battery issue?

I plan on creating and selling my rpgmaker mv games on google store for commercial purposes, and if it will drain the entire juice from just 5 minutes of gameplay.. it is a very serious problem for me. [][]

I hope you can help me and any of the future, soon-to-be fellow android-porters for this prob, thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

[CM]
5VaUMjAFpz1I6fSsgDrfJc.jpg

Title is star.
Dam, does the night get to me, I sound and look like a monster. Its 3:54 am right now...I need sleep...or...coffee.
It has nothing to do with my project, but I'm in love with voxels
If you feel like your story isn't that great, just look at final fantasy.
My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparyx