*Updated* Android/iOS - Converting your project with Intel XDK / Uploading to Google Play Store

leonaminov

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
hi,

the version code does not change , if you upload the apk to google development site, the version remains 1.0.0 no matter what you edit in the manifest file.

is there a way to update the version code?

I'm referring to the manual buildup you instruct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
hi,

the version code does not change , if you upload the apk to google development site, the version remains 1.0.0 no matter what you edit in the manifest file.

One roundabout way to do it would be to use Enhance (http://enhance.fgl.com) - this is a tool to easily add SDKs to android projects, but you don't have to add any SDKs... you could just use it to increment your version number and change signing details and stuff (just select 'choose my own SDKs' in the first step of the process, then deselect all of the SDK options). The version number and signing stuff is a bit later in the process, after uploading your APK file. This method only takes a minute or two as well!

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
an excellent answer,

However, the  (http://enhance.fgl.com site didn't help because the version code does not increment automatically.

Oh, that's weird, it works for me:

It increments the version code, but not the version name - but the version name doesn't need to change (that's purely cosmetic - you can change it if you like but Google does let you upload if only the version code increments).

As you mentioned though, it's kinda moot since you can do it with that flag :)  Enhance is useful for other stuff too, they're adding preroll ads that don't require any code in your project, which might be a nice way to monetize our RPG Maker games on mobile.

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 08.12.24.png

Faytless

recently unemployed Kung Fu Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hi,

This is actually fairly important information to those whom are still searching this thread.

In XDK,  I cover this in the top video.

If you're using the manual method ( using toms SPM then...)

The newest version of my app will give you an option to change your version code (please keep the manual method questions to the proper thread).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i0pd2u3s81vfd8r/Toms%20SPM%20vr4%20.exe?dl=0

Or as instructed per other posts,  add this line to "Custom Args"

--app-versionCode=APP_VERSIONCODE

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello i got this error when i try to start build:

DaklozeDuif

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I have a bizarre issue.

The app works fine. But it doesn't play sound effects. Music is OK though.

So basically, anything in the BGM maps works (and even loops properly) but anything in the SE map is doesn't play.

And both are .m4a files.

Also I just noticed this thread is kinda old, sorry if that's not OK.  :stare:

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DaklozeDuif: Are you using XDK for converting to APK? If you're using the latest XDK version try to change the Crosswalk Runtime: Embedded set to 18, The software will notice you but disregard that one. I tried this and it's work. Just give a try 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DaklozeDuif: can you attach an example of the SE that don't work? It might be the size (long load time), it might be the codec used for compressing the audio or a few other things that can be checked only with more details.

DaklozeDuif

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@DaklozeDuif: can you attach an example of the SE that don't work? It might be the size (long load time), it might be the codec used for compressing the audio or a few other things that can be checked only with more details.

Uh all of them. And one of them is the default chest open sound effect. The one that you get in a brand new project.

@DaklozeDuif: Are you using XDK for converting to APK? If you're using the latest XDK version try to change the Crosswalk Runtime: Embedded set to 18, The software will notice you but disregard that one. I tried this and it's work. Just give a try 

I'll give it a shot, but I was kind of hoping that the later versions of Crosswalk would work with RPG Maker MV. Or is it just a bug in 19?

Update: It works! Altough anything that has "flash sprite" annihilates my FPS now.  :|

DaklozeDuif

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@DaklozeDuif: Maybe you can try also the manual method.

If you mean installing Crosswalk and then using the command line to create the APK: I already did that. It actually has the same issue I'm having now AND it has broken sound. And I am pretty sure the XDK conversion runs smoother. (Though that might just have been me)

Thanks for the advice though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not sure if it's true (and I won't judge or blame anyone if it is, really), but I heard from confident sources that you guys (and girls) really really like to
How is this new year for everyone? Hope you are well. Still deep in Covid in the US. Its like a vampire and refuses to die with even more strains. I need some holy water to kill it with.
in my game, what's known as HeadSpace is combining with the real world...
oh looks like the forums updated while I wasn't looking and we can put a banner now. Neat!
Treating this as a devlog

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TransDiv