[UPDATED: April 11th 2017] The Sci-Fi Hangar| New Crate

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by fitsbach, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Unmercyful

Unmercyful Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your best is pretty dang sweet! Seriously those are nice.  Can't wait to see what you come up with next :popcorn:

The icon look even better in game. Very Sweet! Thanks again. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
  2. Derex000

Derex000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I- . . . I wrote a really long and detailed reply . . . but when I clicked 'Submit Reply' the site had gone down for maintenance. I think I need a moment.

. . . . . 

(A moment of silence for all of the witty jokes I made that were lost and my 20 minutes of time perfecting the reply)

. . . .

Okay I think I've recovered. I just wanted to say that your work is really awesome. I'm not super huge into sci fi but I do like it and the stuff you've made so far is great. I have a few ideas/suggestions I've put into a spoiler. When I say what they're 'for' I just mean it to give you a better idea of what the design should could entail. Like how if someone asked for a 'Gun' your design would probably be different than if they asked for a 'Laser Rifle'. (Also please note this isn't some massive request thing, this is more of a list of ideas so if you're ever looking for stuff to make you can reference back here when stumped.)

TILES: More stuff focusing on alien life forms and planets. Planets made of bones and flesh. Planets made of tarry stuff or slime. Planets made of wildly overgrown plants and fauna that may or may not have eyes and hungry mouths. Trees with fur. Trees with eyes. Trees with thick gross vines that cling to your body and seem to wrap tighter the more you pull away. 'Trees' that are really volcanoes that have formed inside of long turned to stone trees and now drip lava from the branches. Colorful grass that's actually made of glass. Sickly virus filled plants that cover a dying planet. Lots and lots of colorful rocks! Some are smooth, some are spotty, some are sharp as a razor crags that will rip you open! Some are really just little alien creatures that want to eat your metals. Some are brittle and break, sending you down into its porous caverns. Some are magnetic so they have a bunch of space junk sticking to them. Some are metallic looking like metals and are painful to look at in the sun. Twisty huge flowers that strange aliens live in. Gnarled roots from a massive tree worshiped as God by the tribes on the planet. Said massive tree. Planets made of glass. Planets made of something like glass but impossible to break and constantly searing from the heat of the core. CRYSTALS! Big crystals, tiny crystals, thin coatings of rock and dirt over what's actually a giant planet made of crystal. Magma planets covered in ash and lava, obsidian, and deep black stone.

ICONS: Various normal items with a 'sci fi spin' to them. Rings covered in wiring and hologram gems. Wires, buttons, advanced tools, and other doo-dads to help with 'repair the ship' fetch quests. Food packets that can be put into a machine and 'remade' into a steaming hot meal. Dehydrated foods. Canned foods. ALIEN FOODS! Tracking chips and mind control chips.Super cool 'Terminator' style glasses that give you information about a target when equipped. Various pieces for 'bio suits' that let you traverse deadly planets. Camouflage suits that render you invisible to enemies (Like repel from Pokemon). Talk pieces and 'high tech walkie talkies' that let you report back to the mother ship when necessary. High fashion alien clothes that let you blend in with upper class society during your infiltration missions. Black out grenades. BLACK HOLE GRENADES (Hopefully contained but hey, the world has to end sometime) Stun grenades. Drone capsules. Broken tech pieces you might get for defeating a mechanical enemy. Various lasers. Fancy sci fi phones. Pills for various things like healing, relieving poisons, neutralizing venom, and giving temporary boosts. Strange alien money that needs to be converted into the global standard currency (basically you sell it). EXTREMELY ILLEGAL hand held detonating atomic bombs. Various types of tiny bombs. Needles filled with deadly deadly poisons (colors!) or stimulants. Chunks of aliens that can be used for selling to make that sweet sweet money (horns, hide, eyes, guts, vomit, scales, pus, etc.). I could go on but I don't want to overload you.

NOW HOPEFULLY THIS WILL ACTUALLY FUDGING SEND

3. fitsbach

fitsbach Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French

Wow...this is...hmm...unexpected! You are crazy...but good crazy!

This kind of imagination is some kind of gift! As I've stated somewhere in the previous pages I'm not really good at doing organic and weird shapes stuff but to read your comment is really motivating me to try and do things differently.

I will definetely take a look at your post a couple of times in the future...

Your post is the perfect description of thinking Outside the box.

Thank you!

4. fitsbach

fitsbach Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Thanks to Derex000....I tried myself at making a "Fur" tree.

Here's the tile with few color variations:

FurTreeBlue.png FurTreePurple.png FurTreePinkRed.png furtreered.png FurTreeYellow.png FurTreeYellowGreen.png FurTreeTeal.png

I guess it could be more furry but for a first try,...I guess it's not bad.I just spent 2 days on this tree compared to my usual few minutes/hours.

5. Derex000

Derex000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love them! You're much better with organic shapes than you give yourself credit.

6. fitsbach

fitsbach Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hey guys, just a quick update:

My professional situation is a bit tricky at the moment.

The company I work for is going through some hard times and I will be laid off along with a couple of guys on April 1st.

I'm putting every single second of my time in trying to get a job before that Day.

Hopefully you guys understand! I'll do my best to get back to work (here) ASAP!

Thanks for your understanding!

7. Unmercyful

Unmercyful Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Was wondering where you were. Hope things go well for you. We'll still be here when you are ready :)  Good Luck to you!

8. Asterism

Asterism Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Do you permit editing of your tiles? I'm using your crates in my game and want to make an "opened" version.

Also, sorry to hear about that work situation. I hope you are able to find a new position! Good luck! I'm looking forward to your eventual return. 

9. fitsbach

fitsbach Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi guys,

It's been a while but here is a new crate I made:
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure if I'll release anything else anytime soon but if you have requests, feel free to send it to me.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

OwlySun, Shinma and RocketKnight like this.