LordScribble

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings.

I finished my Eleven Commandments project and I've been learning about Enigma Virtual Box and taarna23's plugin to ensure the game is properly saved, but I started wondering about what to do if someone detects some bug while playing the encrypted version.

Is there a way to implement a game patch to an already encrypted game aside from downloading the updated game again?

Thanks for your attention.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no

and patching a game isn't easy even if it is not encrypted - depending on what the patch changes it might be that all players updating have to delete their savefiles and start anew.
Changing a few number in the database is no problem - adding or changing plugins is almost guaranteed to require a new game.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The option is to edit your game through the project. Then deploy it again, with the same name of the exe file.
But like said above, depending on what changes, you can mess with the save file of the player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dald