Not open for further replies.

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey I’m having a bit of an issue with providing updates for my game.

I am using MV and the Yanfly suite of plugins

example; my player as acquired “sword”

in an update, if I change the information in the database that belongs to “sword”, the player does not get an updated “sword”.

they will have to obtain another “sword” in game for it to reflect the database update. Is there a way to change how this works? Very frustrating when you have to make changes to equipment that players already have.

is there a way to refresh their inventory lists?

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not a Tech Support issue. It belongs in the support forum for the engine you are using (but you have not said what that is), or in the script/plugin support forum.

By default, if you update a definition in the database of pretty much anything except actors, that should be reflected when you load an older save file. The fact that it doesn't leads me to think that you've got a script or plugin that is doing more.

Please state what engine you are using, and provide a list of scripts/plugins. Then this can be moved to the correct area.

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is not a Tech Support issue. It belongs in the support forum for the engine you are using (but you have not said what that is), or in the script/plugin support forum.

By default, if you update a definition in the database of pretty much anything except actors, that should be reflected when you load an older save file. The fact that it doesn't leads me to think that you've got a script or plugin that is doing more.

Please state what engine you are using, and provide a list of scripts/plugins. Then this can be moved to the correct area.
Updated thank you

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moving to Plugin Support

So one of your plugins is for items ... what item plugins are you using? Something that allows you to create new items? Or something that allows you to assign items to party members?

Adam1013

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[mod]Moving to Plugin Support[/mod]

So one of your plugins is for items ... what item plugins are you using? Something that allows you to create new items? Or something that allows you to assign items to party members?
I believe I found the issue. I’m having them created as independent items through one of the plugins which is causing the weapons and armor not to be updated.

thanks for the help

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, so you need to have a way to go through a save file and update all those items with the new description.

But really, what sort of updating are you doing that would make this happen once your game is released? If this is only during development then it's not really an issue, as your players won't be in this situation, as you won't be changing the names or stats of items after release.

If this is resolved now, just report your post and say so, and whoever is along next will close the thread for you.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.
Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samuca07