Uploading game footage (please help)

cokes1999

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My resolution in RPG Maker MV is 1920 x 1080p. So is my monitor. It looks fantastic when I play and when I capture gameplay footage. Unfortunately, whenever I upload it anywhere..... it's super blurry (especially fullscreen).

Check out this imgur video I posted and make it fullscreen while you're at it.

Why is it so blurry? I can't for the life of me figure this out. It looks great in my files but why does it do this on Reddit, Imgur and other websites? I'm so confused and no one has been able to help me on this issue.

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinates 24/7
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why is it so blurry?
any resize that is not among full 100%'s will blur the display.
it is technically impossible to prevent that, it can only be reduced by better formulae.

and since fullsize is different for different computers that is always a resize.

cokes1999

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you playtest your game on fullscreen? I think your game is antialiased or simply not rendered as nearest neighbor. I guess you can give this thread a look: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/how-to-remove-blur.47504/
But also, if everything is fine on your end... I think it's just an issue with how those websites handle videos. Idk
Yeah during playtest it looks perfect. 1080p and 60fps. Only do I run into trouble when I post it on Imgur or Reddit. Haven't tried anywhere else. So in theory I should be fine uploading them to these websites right? I'm stumped and all I want to do is show people my game without it looking like dogshit lol.

cokes1999

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
any resize that is not among full 100%'s will blur the display.
it is technically impossible to prevent that, it can only be reduced by better formulae.

and since fullsize is different for different computers that is always a resize.
but im uploading it 1080p 60fps.... shouldn't full screen not be blurry then? thats the resolution of my monitor.

If this is the case... how does anyone upload clear footage anywhere? this amount of blur is not normal. any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Darn you, Seals! Why do you gotta be so cute when on land?:kaoluv:
So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NerdyRulerz