Nekohime1989

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Some of the assets I have contain a non distribution clause in their Terms of Use. I was wondering if I can use github as a backup copy of my project though. This will allow me create backups as well as collaborating on future projects easier.

I was wondering what the policy for doing such would be. Would I be violating the terms of use if I do this?

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Github allows you to create a private repository, which is hidden from public.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
many people forget you can create a .gitignore :)
Private directory is paid $.
upload_2019-2-9_15-10-35.png

logically you will do this for all your source image ,psd,image,audio ..... and some file your can not share because license.
For big files like psd, image, or private content, use a cloud auto Syncro like Mega.nz
https://help.github.com/articles/ignoring-files/

EDIT: if you are not friendly with all terminal command from git ans github, you can use the software for setup
upload_2019-2-9_15-18-12.png
https://desktop.github.com/

Last edited:

LTN Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
GitHub provides free private repositories now so to avoid any legal issues you could just upload to a private repository. If that don't work for you Gitlab also provides free private repositories.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
GitHub provides free private repositories now so to avoid any legal issues you could just upload to a private repository. If that don't work for you Gitlab also provides free private repositories.
ho like what, the takeover by Microsoft has positive!

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why not use bit bucket? It offers free private repositories and what I currently use.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As an alternative, I recommend Google Drive, with Backup & Sync turned on for the folder. Comparatively low-tech but it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FuegoAhegao