Use 2 skills in one turn?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by TriceratopsX, Dec 7, 2016.

1. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So in my game there are three (main) types of magic, combat (cast spell, enemy takes damage) Curse (status debuffs) and Support (The White Mage stuff, healing and protecting allies) I'm trying to make all three viable options, and that means making the Curse spells not... Useless (Why inflict a debuff, when you can just hurt him?) so an idea I had for the early low-tier Curse's was making it so they didn't take your entire turn (But they'd inflict a slight debuff on the caster for that turn) however I'm not sure how to make it so that certain skills don't take the full turn.

As always help is appreciated.

2. Vox Novus

Vox Novus Knight of Whispers Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  3. Verdelite

Verdelite Wannabe Developer Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure about whether it's exactly what you want to do, but you can use Yanfly's Instant Cast plugin to make a skill not use up a turn.

You can also add Yanfly's Skill Cooldown plugin (an extension to his Skill Core Plugin, so you'd need both of them) to give your skills a cooldown to prevent them being casted indefinitely. You can also 'link' their cooldowns together, so f.e.allowing to cast only one Curse spell per turn.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Game Mechanics Design is looking more at systems.  Straightforward "How do I...?" questions should be in the Support forum for the engine you are using.  So, based on the info under your avatar...

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

5. TriceratopsX

TriceratopsX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry @ksjp17

Thanks you guys, this is a big help to me!

Edit: Alright so small problem, I'm using MOGHunters Chain Actions plugin so the player must input button commands in order for their attacks to hit, after adding in the Yanfly's Instant Cast, it goes back to the skill menu AS the button commands pop up, so the player ends up moving around the menu, and in some cases like when it tells you to press z or x the menu takes precedence so you end up failing the attack.  :(  Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
    Vox Novus likes this.