TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in my game there are three (main) types of magic, combat (cast spell, enemy takes damage) Curse (status debuffs) and Support (The White Mage stuff, healing and protecting allies) I'm trying to make all three viable options, and that means making the Curse spells not... Useless (Why inflict a debuff, when you can just hurt him?) so an idea I had for the early low-tier Curse's was making it so they didn't take your entire turn (But they'd inflict a slight debuff on the caster for that turn) however I'm not sure how to make it so that certain skills don't take the full turn.

As always help is appreciated.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last edited by a moderator:

Verdelite

Wannabe Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure about whether it's exactly what you want to do, but you can use Yanfly's Instant Cast plugin to make a skill not use up a turn.

You can also add Yanfly's Skill Cooldown plugin (an extension to his Skill Core Plugin, so you'd need both of them) to give your skills a cooldown to prevent them being casted indefinitely. You can also 'link' their cooldowns together, so f.e.allowing to cast only one Curse spell per turn.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Game Mechanics Design is looking more at systems.  Straightforward "How do I...?" questions should be in the Support forum for the engine you are using.  So, based on the info under your avatar...

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry @ksjp17

Thanks you guys, this is a big help to me!

Edit: Alright so small problem, I'm using MOGHunters Chain Actions plugin so the player must input button commands in order for their attacks to hit, after adding in the Yanfly's Instant Cast, it goes back to the skill menu AS the button commands pop up, so the player ends up moving around the menu, and in some cases like when it tells you to press z or x the menu takes precedence so you end up failing the attack.  :(  Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, there.
I'm Creta Park, as Software engineer and Indie game developer.

Profile : creft.me/cretapark
GitHub : github.com/creta5164
Blog : creta5164.tumblr.com

My stuff

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neonzumi