EGARPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Castellano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I have a quick question. I know a lot has been asked about using RPG MV Assets on other engines, which is obviously forbidden. But what the community creates in these forums?
There are many people who create plants, trees, characters (like Vibrato08) that they give to the community. I would like to use this material and only community material (not RTP) on another engine, can I do that?
Thanks and Regards

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to use this material and only community material (not RTP) on another engine, can I do that?
there is no simple "community material", each artist has his or her own terms of service. And those differ from each other, so you can use some but not everything, and you have to check for each case what the artist of that tile or sprite has set for the terms of use/service.

And a lot of the tiles made by the community are edits of the RTP and therefore bound to the RTP restrictions. Use outside the Degica engines is only possible if the artist hasn't used any parts of the RTP in creating the resources (which is another reason why you have to check each artists terms independently), and then only if the artist agreed to give licence for use outside the engines.

EDIT:
I suggrest you go to www.opengameart.org or a similar site if you're looking for resources to use outside the RMs. Just make sure that whatever site you check has artwork for open use and not artwork ripped out of games.

EGARPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Castellano
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is no simple "community material", each artist has his or her own terms of service. And those differ from each other, so you can use some but not everything, and you have to check for each case what the artist of that tile or sprite has set for the terms of use/service.

And a lot of the tiles made by the community are edits of the RTP and therefore bound to the RTP restrictions. Use outside the Degica engines is only possible if the artist hasn't used any parts of the RTP in creating the resources (which is another reason why you have to check each artists terms independently), and then only if the artist agreed to give licence for use outside the engines.

EDIT:
I suggrest you go to www.opengameart.org or a similar site if you're looking for resources to use outside the RMs. Just make sure that whatever site you check has artwork for open use and not artwork ripped out of games.
Thank you so much for the explanation and help. Regards and wish the best in this 2021!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

treele.jpg
A them/they in a forest... a still for the game I'm working on.
Making a blue-magic-heavy game is very fun but there's a lot of extra hassle as well. Balancing skills for both enemy and player usage isn't easy.
BTW everyone on staff who made the forum jump, thank-you! This time I am not panicked and lost all rounds.
I'm not searching for bugs, just pleasant surprises, for now on ^^
Been a while since I've been here, whoops. My computer's been acting really stupid so I wasn't able to work on my projects, but the good news is I've got a new one, meaning I can get back to work. And I've got a nice idea in mind, I'll just need to find some good scripts for the Aesthetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sxips