Use different parallax folder when game runs plugin.

Harken_W

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Like the image above shows, I'd like to use the parallax folder as normal in the editor.
But when the game is run, I'd like it to use an image of the same name from a different folder.

In the above example, Mountains4.png is from the parallaxes folder and can be seen on the map in the EDITOR.
but when the GAME is run, it will use Mountains4.png from the parallaxesINGAME folder.

I'd like a plugin that could allow me to do this, I'm using a plugin that changes the tile size, and I use mostly parallax images for my maps. This will allow me to use large versions of my parallax image maps to accurately create my game in the editor, and then use the actual smaller sized parallax in the game, saving me time from swapping out two sizes constantly.

Thanks to anyone who looks into this and has any suggestions.

Last edited:

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately everything that affects the sofware can not be done, it publisher is under license.
This will come back to hack the software !.
You must make the request to the intebrain developer section.

However know that in javascript it is simple to do, it sufi you to extend the name with /

also you can try this
PHP:
ImageManager.loadParallax = function(filename, hue) {
    return this.loadBitmap('img/parallaxes/', filename, hue, true);
};
// by
ImageManager.loadParallax = function(filename, hue) {
    return this.loadBitmap('img/myParralaxe folder/', filename, hue, true);
};

For requests to add to the software, it is here.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/editor-suggestions-and-improvement.168/

also i have sugest a subFolder or more folder in the sofware.
maybe you will like it.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/sub-folder.75410/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jonforum it appears you didn't understand the request, because the OP wants to change the engine, not the editor.

Harken_W

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Jonforum it appears you didn't understand the request, because the OP wants to change the engine, not the editor.
Yes, this is correct. My fault for not phrasing things better in my request. Sorry.

However the piece of code he provided is exactly what I needed. I just put it into a .js and turn it on in the plugin manager! perfect :) Thanks @Jonforum !

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've heard a lot of dumb stuff in my time, but I just had someone contact me via FB. Just so they could tell me they know the most about the pandemic because they have ties to a crime family. I guess for some people 2 + 2 really adds up to 5. :LZSwink:
My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rizal_afand13