Use extreme caution when using soulpour777's plugins.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So there really should be a sticky put here, call it a "kaus" version for plugins warning of those caught copying. I have some pretty good proof that souls copying did continue into his rmmv releases. So yeah here is some proof posted below and people should be warned more so than just by one thread at a time as before today I had never heard of his copying. I did play inspector gadget for a good 2 hours on this one too lol, the first example is petty but it gets more and more obvious as you go.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This really looks like credit theft. In late 2017 Soulpour told me he didn't have such an ability to control particles and the release date of his particle plugin is early 2016.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This really looks like credit theft. In late 2017 Soulpour told me he didn't have such an ability to control particles and the release date of his particle plugin is early 2016.
That's interesting. If you open his particle picture it's the exact same as mogs just smaller and hue'd reddish as well but that was to small to show.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, then it's clear that Soulpour will never learn.

Just for your info: when the original theft was publicated by moghunter several years ago, moghunter also played detective and gave proof that several years previously soulpour was banned under a different username from another forum for credit theft (that proof and that other forum no longer exist).
And when he was banned here, he claimed to have learned his lesson and promised to not repeat his mistakes.

But that would now be three proofs scattered several years from each other...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a shame someone who clearly has the talent and ability has to stoop to such low methods. But I suppose as long as there's someone out there who doesn't know and is willing to pay ...

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
even if he has the abilities,
It is a shame and unacceptable to [copy paste] codes made by others, edit and resells them!
This is not unusual, when there is money people become greedy.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's scary cause I was going to use obe of his menu scripts but I went with Mogs instead. Ironically, soul did aload of plugins for the ex- celestrial faith game which was recently dissolved.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's interesting. If you open his particle picture it's the exact same as mogs just smaller and hue'd reddish as well but that was to small to show.
That's why I said it. If you don't have the skill, you can't just make it, except by accident.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Didn't use "Soulpour's plugins", but for what I can read, now I have more reasons not to use them.

In the Spanish Scene, we hate those who stole projects, or works from others in RPG Maker, and claim it as original. Ignore them, and warm the new users not to trust them or use "their" work, it is the best we can do.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And now he said he "will quit and start working using other engines and other programming languages, it's 'my' RM journey that ended". AKA "I will steal elsewhere because here i can't".

Such a lame to see people wasting more time stealing than learning..
He probably expected it to be easy to steal mog's plugins just because they're not completly in english and aren't posted here.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We used to discuss a lot about how to handle particle movements in chat. Clearly he didn't know how to handle that. Most of time, he asked me how to make a certain particle movement, and see if it's do'able (at least in Ace). But then I was gone late 2015 / early 2016, so idk what did he do after that.

But I know the feel of desperate to make something works that you would end up peeking and copying someone's work. Even at this point, I still use a few lines of snippet from Galenmereth, which is just amazing, idk how he came up with the idea, and idk how it works. But, it worked better than my original algorithm I tried to come up. But in his case, he might copied it blow out of proportion that you could even call it a plagiarism (and even worse without crediting the original). He just can't think the way better (he thought) than the scripter he admired

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheoAllen I don't. I mean... Sure, I know the desperation of peeking in someone's code. But I use scripts as a study material. I edit them to help me understand that. But I never copy them. Not even snippets. The only exception are MIT licensed snippets, which I plan on editing heavily anyway, and code from stackoverflow.
Because if I understand why something works better than what I did, it's much more useful than if I just steal the original.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Poryg Clearly, we both have mentality of making the original version instead. And that's good. The early time I learnt to script was copying how to read notetag using Yanfly's style, Up to the point I finally knew how it works, then I use my own way. Because during the study time, it was too hard as study material, and I wanted to make my script works asap without taking much time figuring it out because you don't want to reinvent the wheel. Good thing, I never sold the scripts.

It just shame that he did not learn after all the things he copied to his works.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen : I actually do the same thing. My scripts for my project use Yanfly's notetag code, but I also noted it as Yanfly code. This way if anyone sees my internal scripts they know where it is mine and where it isn't.

Though this does bring up another question...I wonder if it would have been ok if he had posted his scripts under Mog's terms, and Mog has to be credited too? We have posters do that here, where they edit a script, keep the terms the same, and so far no one has objected.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I learned everything I needed on script edits and console browsing :D
No need to make my own plugins to learn, I just browsed. At first it was difficult, but it eventually snapped into place. It just took me more time, but one way or the other, it works well.

I think the biggest Soulpour's issue is that he didn't take the stolen plugins down. He told me he was being haunted by the past, but didn't really do anything to make it better, instead shunned this community and went silent for a whole year.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bgillisp isn't plagiarism when one does not credit or mention where they took a particular part of their work? If they mention or credit, it can't be called plagiarism at least. Just maybe, if they don't have permission, it just violating the term of the original work they stole. Release an edit (or addon) for someone's script under the same terms is a common sense, at least, the script editor is not arrogantly claiming it's their own, which no one objected.

@Poryg if you're up for a challenge, you can make a plugin yourself, share with the other, wait for people to report bugs, request a feature, or even want a compatibility patch :p it sure a 'good' way to learn

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Plagiarism is defined as "the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own".

So, no, I don't think anyone has a problem with others editing plugins or whatever, if they are upfront about it and the original creator has said it is okay (either through direct communication or through the terms of use). But, that's not what's been happening here.

@Leon Kennedy Can I ask you to edit your title to change "this dude's" to "soulpour777"? This will help for those who may be interested in trying to find this information in the future. If you are unable to edit the title, may I do so?

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I guess this also explains why he changed his name on YouTube. I thought that was an odd thing to do at the time, now it makes sense.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheoAllen I'm up for the challenge, but I never know what to make to make public xD

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Llareian I noticed the same thing when I watched his tutorials, thought it was strange.

It really is bizarre because his YouTube tutorials are good, and he clearly knows how to code and has familiarity with the RPG Maker structure. I'm not sure what would cause someone to think that they could rip plugins or portions of plugins and think that no one will notice.

This community is friendly that you don't have to write amazing plugins to get some kudos. Just code what you can code, and people really appreciate it.

Well, I saw he posted a YouTube tutorial about coding games in C++, so perhaps he has moved on to a different engine like UE4.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember guys: Drink water and workout is important too! Don't stay too much time on the PC working! :D
Ami
--- Quest For Female ---

Guild Leader: Ladies,you got a Job for today. You have to Battle with Marauder,only Female must to this Job.
F.Magic Knight: So,only Female can do this?
Heroine: I can't wait for this!
Gunner Lady: Well,i can use the Seduction Skill to them,It's effective for Male Target
F.Knight: You always use that?
RPG Maker MZ just crashed, please tell me I didn't just lose 4 hours of progress.
>be me with a separate game for testing
>NPC doesn't stay in new position after leaving the map
>looking for tutorials, nothing useful
>checks plugin of save even location and installs it
>testing the game

"Oh... IT'S WORKING, IT'S ACTUALLY WORKING!!"
My current peak of boss design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
00cassiesmells