Use icons instead of currency name for this script?

Lionheart123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Give it a bit of time. Script and plugin request sometimes take a bit of time, especially scripts since a lot of Ruby coder moved to MV and are now using javascript (like myself for example). Your request isn't too demanding, so a VX Ace coder might take your request, but like I said there aren't that many of them.

bump, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

kyonides

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I don't think it's completely true that there aren't enough RGSS scripters around, actually there are about a ten or dozen here at least. The issue is that this kind of requests aren't really appealing to veteran scripters, especially if they gotta care about modifying other scripters' works only to provide something like icons. Some people would prefer to write a new custom script instead for it'd let the given scripter the chance to define all rules instead of adapting his ideas to another person's way of thinking... :S

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
veteran scripters
which is why I haven't tried. The request is beyond my skill. I haven't spend time learning ruby or rpg maker in depth. Just the basics

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kyonides Compared to the number of members on the forum, the number of coders is a small minority. And add to that that some of the coders moved to javascript or MV and prefer not to look back too much because it has been some time since they've coded in Ruby (aka me).

Besides, let's stay on topic for OP.

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Untested, but see if this works:
Code:
class Window_Base < Window
  alias amn_currency_windbase_drawcurval  draw_currency_value
  def draw_currency_value(value, unit, x, y, width)
    return draw_icon_currency_value(value, $1.to_i, x, y, width) if unit =~ /\\i\[(\d+)\]/i
    amn_currency_windbase_drawcurval(value, unit, x, y, width)
  end

def draw_icon_currency_value(value, icon_index, x, y, width)
    draw_icon(icon_index, x, y)
    change_color(normal_color)
    draw_text(x, y, width - 24 - 2, line_height, value, 2)
  end
end
You can draw an icon instead of the currency unit by using the escape character. For example:
Code:
currency_unit("\\i[5]")
(where 5 is the 5th icon in the icon set)

Lionheart123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, thanks! You're awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

tfw, after your game being intensively played by many people, after 5 years, patch after patch released, suddenly an innocent person reported another bug.
"Never let a sense of morals/
Prevent me from doing what is right"
- Clutch
OMFG. I had typed \fiPhilosophia Hermetica\fi in a forum post and didn't notice it for AN HOUR.

(Anyone else ever catch themselves doing this?)
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Feel free to drop by and listen to whatever weird stories we're telling~
fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsuruharaYuki