Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Everybody,

I am looking to do one of two things, but can't figure out either:

1. Force use an item from the inventory on the party leader through a common event
OR

2. Run a common event when using an Item from the inventory. I want the event to Run BEFORE the item effect is applied because it changes the formula. I can do it in battle using Action Sequences, but I can't figure out how to do it on the Map or Item Menu.

Thanks for your help

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
neither will work, because the engine doesn't work that way.

What is usually done is that you simulate the effect of the item in the common event by using the change actor commands, then remove that item from the inventory by change item command without ever having really used it.

If that isn't possible in your case, you'll need a plugin that provides such a function.

jobar

WonderLang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. I guess I will need to commission a plugin for that. Thanks

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another Friday and another Zoom call that could have been an email. Working from home is awesome.
Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacelloVerum