Use Me to Bounce your Ideas Off Of!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rpgdreamer, Oct 6, 2018.

?

Who do you usually talk about your game to?

1. Immediate Family

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Friends

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Forum-Goers

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Development Team (if applicable)

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  5. No one :(

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpgdreamer

rpgdreamer His Royal Highness Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hope this is in the right place or allowed, and, in an attempt to get more involved with the community:

Hello, fellow RPG Maker enthusiasts! Whether it's for first game or your tenth, sometimes you find yourself with no one to turn to when you want to bounce of an idea, or want to talk through a story you have in mind. While it's good with a friend, it's also good with a total stranger who has no bias towards you! You can be sure the words you get back aren't just a simple "that sounds cool" or "yeah that'll be ok i think".

I'm not here to rip your story and characters in two, so don't fear laying it all out there on the table for me only for it to be gnashed like your homework between that fabled dog's teeth. I'm not here for grammar, or editing or anything like that: I'm just here to be a second opinion or provide suggestions. You don't have to take them. I'm no final say.

But there's a reason I'm doing this; because I always wanted someone to listen to my own ramblings. It feels good to be a little selfish, you know? To be able to show off your creative mind and have someone take interest in it! And I'll always take interest in it. We're all here for a reason, to tell a story, and so I'm always willing to listen.

Another note to those who are overly cautious... no. I'm not going to steal your game idea. Don't worry about it. I am far too busy with my own work, hahaha.

With that being said:

Please copy/paste the following and fill out in your comment:

1. What game are you on? First? Third? Tenth?
    2. Choose One or Two topics to discuss:
    - General Plot Overview
    - Character Design
    - Character Histories
    - Worldbuilding
    - Lore
    - Other
    3. [ Your Questions/Blurb/Everything Here ]

I will have a good back and forth commentary with you here on the post. Please be patient. If the submissions are closed, no original posts please, until submissions come back open. This is one a first come, first served basis!

If you wanna pay me back in anyway, check out my current work in the signature and give us a comment, and keep me in mind if you need anything else. You can always PM me as a follow up once our conversation is done, if you still have any extra questions. ♥

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. rpgdreamer

rpgdreamer His Royal Highness Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Shaz Cause I'm dumb and shy and hate feeling like I'm butting in, haha... but I could do that.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    haha! If people post their ideas for feedback, and you give feedback, you're not butting in :D Take a stab at it - I'm sure everyone you reply to will really appreciate it, especially if you're willing to go to the trouble you outlined in your post above!

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is a nice offer, but 'General Discussion' is not for discussing individual projects, but broad themes as they relate to game making in general.

I second Shaz's suggestion of giving feedback in the specific thread of a game. No, it's not butting in precisely because the person has asked for it and in addition, your feedback might spark off a thought in someone else who then contributes to that thread. So think of it as a potential multiplier action.

Closing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.