10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know how to import and deal with tilesets, but i'm desperate to know if anyone has a way to use more than 5 tilesets per map? (A B C D E). I remember there being a script for it long ago on VX Ace forums, but this is MV. Thank you.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There has never been a script which permits more than 5 tile sheets per map. In Ace it is hard coded to give only 5 tabs, and even though MV is open coding, I doubt if that can be changed.

If you edit your tile sheets to remove all the objects you don't want for that map, you should free up more than enough space to include the objects you do need.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
i suggest you to just learn parallax mapping if you need that much tileset.

KisaiTenshi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
i suggest you to just learn parallax mapping if you need that much tileset.
I'd actually suggest just abandoning using the tileset and create one large parallax that fits the "map"

Go to diable caprice on http://info.nicovideo.jp/gamemaga/mvsample/ to see what I mean.

Basically, "tilesets" are specifically designed around 3 layers "Floor", "walls", and "things I walk under/over." In SNES era games props that are removed are part of the "Sprite" layer, even if they look like the map. If you need more than this you're making it too complicated. The parallax strategy means you make most of the map a "floor"

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can't increase the number of tilesheets without changing to a different editor, because the default editor cannot be changed. There is a plugin for TileD, or using parallax mapping as an alternative.

However, be warned of the consequences: The reason for tilesets is to limit the RAM use of the computer playing the game. That is why the size of a tileset is limited - the larger the tileset, the more lag you risk.

Most parallax maps remain small for that reason - the larger the parallax is, the more RAM the computer will need for that map.

However, if you make specific tilesheets for maps by copy&pasting single tiles from different sheets, that should solve your problem in most cases - you just need different tilesets for different maps then.

gamingfamilyman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks andar. I have been working for hours to find better and better ways to get as much as I can into my town maps. I have 16 gbs so it might have been fine on all my tests but soon as I'm finished it would have made me sick knowing I created something so lagy. Youve defenitly given me a new way of thinking going forward.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

gamingfamilyman, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vulgourso