Use multiple fonts in menu with font loader.

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by wonderjosh3000, Feb 27, 2019.

1. wonderjosh3000

wonderjosh3000 Veteran Veteran

The Frosty Plains of The Great White North
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I've got a font loader plugin, including the one that comes with Yanfly's Core engine (or is it the message core? I'm not at my home computer right now haha), and I've got a couple fonts loaded up and ready to go.

Is there a way to use more than one font at a time in the menu scene? Like have the command window use a specific font, the HP and MP values use a specific font, the item list use a specific font, etc?

Whether someone can make this plugin or show me a way to do it or knows of a plugin that already exists would all help! Or just let me know if it's even possible, haha. I figure with a font loader that there's gotta be a way, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks!

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  2. ZedZeroth

ZedZeroth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, did you ever figure this out? Thanks :)

3. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    You can practically change the font of every word or even every letter if you tap into the function that writes it..

If there is no publicly usable plugin yet for this, I think its because normally you'd only use one font for the whole game or at least 1 font per part (like 1 font for menu, 1 font for messages etc).. TBH, it would probably look weird if your menu has so many different fonts...

4. ZedZeroth

ZedZeroth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks. Some of my messages are the character interacting with a computer so I needed a retro computer-style font for that. Any idea how I'd make some messages in a different font? I'm fairly confident with JS scripting.

5. wonderjosh3000

wonderjosh3000 Veteran Veteran

The Frosty Plains of The Great White North
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nope, I never did figure it out :| Wasn't sure how deep to go with the code and ended up just getting really confused, haha. I still would like to get this done somehow, but I'd need someone to write up a plugin in that case.

Yeah that's what I can't figure out functionally. I'd love for all the fonts that have the system colour applied to them to be a different font altogether than just the colour. I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I have no problems designing a look with multiple fonts that work visually! It's the programming that's not a part of my wheelhouse, haha.