DarkMagician91

Ultimate wizard in terms of attack and defense
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! I'm new here so i don't know if iis the right section to post this thread (if wrong I'm really sorry :rsad:)
First of all english is not my language so I might be not clear but I'll try my best to let you understand my things.

I'm making a game in RPG Maker MV in which the protagonosit goes around the world and collect pieces of wood.
The point of the game is carving this pieces of wood to make magic statues with different shapes (maybe a dragon or a tiger or a wolf etc) and use them as actors in battles, with their own attacks and even spells; that's not everything by the way. Making a statue with certain type of wood generate different statistic for the statue, for example if I make a dragon statue with ebony wood it will have 100 hp and bite attack but if I make dragon statue with ash wood it will have 200 hp, bite attack and fire magic attack.

Can you suggest me what can I do to realize this project, if there are some plugins around the web to use for this or everything else? THANKS A LOT FOR ANY KIND OF HELP!:rhappy: and sorry again for my english!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How many real actors do you have? How many statues will you have in total? Do you need a system that will let you select which ones you have available that will be used in each battle?

The first step would be to create an Actor in the Actors tab for each type of statue you can have - if you can have a dragon statue from 5 different pieces of wood, then create 5 actors.

If you only have one "real" actor, you can turn followers off in the system tab, then every time the player crafts a new statue, use Change Party Members to add that "actor" to the party. They can then use the Formation command to choose which ones they want to participate in battles.

If you want the "real" actor to always be in battles, you'll have to use a plugin to stop them from being swapped with the statues. But if you're happy with a battle team full of statues, you won't need to worry about that.

If you have more than one "real" actor or you want followers on the map, the above probably won't work, and you might be looking at a plugin.

DarkMagician91

Ultimate wizard in terms of attack and defense
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]MV Support[/move]
You mention plugins, but much of this can probably be done with eventing.

How many real actors do you have? How many statues will you have in total? Do you need a system that will let you select which ones you have available that will be used in each battle?

The first step would be to create an Actor in the Actors tab for each type of statue you can have - if you can have a dragon statue from 5 different pieces of wood, then create 5 actors.

If you only have one "real" actor, you can turn followers off in the system tab, then every time the player crafts a new statue, use Change Party Members to add that "actor" to the party. They can then use the Formation command to choose which ones they want to participate in battles.

If you want the "real" actor to always be in battles, you'll have to use a plugin to stop them from being swapped with the statues. But if you're happy with a battle team full of statues, you won't need to worry about that.

If you have more than one "real" actor or you want followers on the map, the above probably won't work, and you might be looking at a plugin.

I'm sorry for the thread, I will surf around the forum to understand the correct place to post for next times!

The game wanna be similar to Pokemon, just one real Actor that act as protagonist that can summon the statue in the game (in my actual demo I created one Actor as Swan statue and summon it with SRD SummonCore).

"If you only have one "real" actor, you can turn followers off in the system tab, then every time the player crafts a new statue, use Change Party Members to add that "actor" to the party. They can then use the Formation command to choose which ones they want to participate in battles." I will also try this!

I will create every kind of statue as actors for each kind of wood but how i turn the collected pieces of wood into a certain type of statue?

BTW really Thanks for the support and tips you already give me!!!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a question for you to answer. How DO you turn the pieces of wood into statues?

The point of the game is carving this pieces of wood to make magic statues with different shapes
How do you plan to do that?

Whatever that mechanic is, at the time the player does it, you remove the piece of wood and you add the actor, depending on what shape and what piece of wood.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fantom777