GolvaeGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question is same as title, I've been trying to figure out how to make the sv actors use their weapon animations like with the skill:1 attack, on other skills. The best i have done is a spell activation motion with the weapon sprite, but they should be using the regular attack motion. I've been fooling around with yanfly action sequences but i can't figure out how to do the swing with a standard attack motion. I have the skill out of the [sv] magic skills skill types.

GolvaeGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got it, thanks @Dad3353. I googled and looked through these forums, I wasn't looking for the correct thing (or hard enough)

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
R91KekF.gif

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for those who don't want to read through that other topic:

the key is the "normal attack" feature - if that is used in a skill, the skill will refer to the weapon for that part.

There are several parts of a skill setting where it could be used - the animation is one of those, the element selection another and the effects (for states applied by weapon) another.

GolvaeGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this tag in the skills notetag worked for me

<target action>

perform start

wait for movement

motion attack: user

wait: 10

attack animation: target

wait for animation

action effect

wait for animation

wait for movement

wait: 5

</target action>

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

spillycup wrote on Finnuval's profile.
i love u so much! i’m so happy you’re in my life right now :kaocry:
To my horror, I found out I got zero Jack Vance books in my bookshelf! :kaoback: Where do y'all go in the internet to buy used books? Like, not Amazon?
Marquise* wrote on Mrs_Allykat's profile.
Your new logo is sooooo attractive! Feels like those sour liquid candy mixed with the wrapping of the popping candy rocks ones. ^^ It gives flavor and taste to our eyes. ^^
Sorry I couldn't comment before, I relogged here for someone's B-Day yesterday. ((Yeah yeah... been scared got on the throne and all as usual. Being social seems harder than walking now. So sorry to everyone and especially you.))
How goes the game make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Applegreed