Listen To My Soundcloud Fam?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi all,

I suspect that this isn't going to be possible, but I'd like to know before proceeding either way.

I'm working on a game with some rather oddly proportioned tiles and sprites. We're using extremely SNESy aesthetics - our tiles are 16x16, our player sprites are 16x32, and the game resolution is 640x480. I am planning on moving to MV because it seems to combine my ideal features from each iteration of RPG Maker (3 layers of tiles while allowing us to transfer code from VX Ace to MV), but the tiles and player characters are both 48x48 in RPG Maker MV. 

Is there any way to get around this for now or will I have to do a lot of parallax mapping instead of normal mapping? I'd like to not have to mess around with Photoshop but I can see that resizing every tile to 48x48 and every sprite to 48x96 will probably not be hugely difficult.

Cheers!

-Authumbla

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a change tile size plugin.

Authumbla

Listen To My Soundcloud Fam?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is a change tile size plugin.
Perfect. I'm assuming there's no MV-native change character size plugin but that I would instead have to engage in some jiggery-pokery with transferring a modified version of the VX Ace scripts people used for MACK-sized characters over to a MV file. Am I correct?

Thanks, by the way!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't really understand what you're asking. Character size has never been limited by grid size. You can make them as big, or as small, as you like, as shown by the already-included $BigMonsters characters.

The collision area is based on the grid size. If you put a sprite that is as large as 3 tiles, you still have to interact with their "base" tile to trigger the event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my first big game since joining the forums! Please check out Petal Knights! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/petal-knights-playable-now.117898/
Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr