Using a face picture in dialogue

glithch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I know this is a really basic question but when i googled it i got the answer 'use show picture' but show picture shows things under the text post......
i would love to be able to not have to use scripts as i have quite a lot of them already :/ and the script i saw give sooooooo many features im not going to use probably

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I think you should use ccoa's Universal Message System script. It's easier to add face picture than using show picture :)

glithch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I think you should use ccoa's Universal Message System script. It's easier to add face picture than using show picture :)
just checked, doesnt work with my custom resolution script
please i need help without scripts

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Can you give some more information? The position of the text box (bottom, middle, top) & the position of the face (inside or outside the text box)?

glithch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Can you give some more information? The position of the text box (bottom, middle, top) & the position of the face (inside or outside the text box)?
you mean im supposed to check the script for this info?

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I meant where do you want it to appear. I think there are 2 ways to fix it.
1. Change the position of the face image. You can send it above the text box like some people do with their bust image.
Like the image below. Just adjust the constant in 'Show Picture'.
Game_2017-11-16_21-05-19.png
2. Make a picture with any photo editor you have and use it as your text box.
- Change Text Options: choose Hide window.
- Show Picture: <Your message back image> with Constant X=72, Y=305 to send it to the bottom of the scene.
- Show Picture: <Your face picture> - [Constant X=470, Y=335]
- Show Message: Hi!

Is this clear enough? I'm no good at explaining things. :kaoeh:

glithch

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
polish
Primarily Uses
RMXP
oh, i think ill have to try the second option... hmm, that'll mean i have to change the text aligment too though because i want the picture on tge left and i dont know hiw to do that with the script... but thanks for helping with this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chungagunga