Tiregs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello,

I know I am asking a lot of questions, sorry for that. I just recently picked up the RPG Maker after years of not working with it.

Now I am trying to change the background of my menu, especially the "Status" Window and the Message Background. For this, I just want some kind of pergament background and I already downloaded a picture for this from the Internet.

I tried naming the picture Window.png and insert it into /System, which worked but it doesnt show the picture as a whole and instead let it look really messed up. Like this: (Right side: Original Picture)

bandicam 2020-01-27 13-54-51-441.jpgaltes-papier-textur-hintergrund_1232-1932.jpg

Message Background:

bandicam 2020-01-27 13-58-06-854.jpg

I also tried Galv's Message Background Script, but it doesnt seem to work for me at all. Even though I have the picture saved as "MsgImage" in my System Folder. I sized the picture 640:480 since I don't really know what format the picture should have.

Please help :(

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please check the original windows.png and look at its definition in the help file.
That windows.png contains a lot more than just a background - the framework for the windows is only about a quarter of that picture. That is why everything breaks for you.

I suggest trying to fit your background into those parts where it belongs with GIMP or Photoshop and test again - if that still isn't what you want you'll need a script to replace the menu background.

That said, for show text there is a simpler alternative: simply use a show picture with the wanted background directly before a show text where the window is set to transparent.

Tiregs

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah thank you!

I realized my mistake, I forgot that I had to export the "window" file. In the "systems" folder there was no pic. Thank you and sorry for my stupidity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, that's the best I can do. Looks a little strange but..err.. it's my style, yeah, very original style..
being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imnotanepicgamer