Using an item to open a menu?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Muramasamune, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Muramasamune

Muramasamune Smarter than the average bear Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, everyone!

I'm currently developing a game inspired by some of the older Fire Emblem games, specifically Sacred Stones on the GBA, and like that game, I wanted to implement a class change system that has 2 specific requirements:
    1) The character whose class is being changed has attained a certain level
    2) The character be in possession of an item that facilitates the change of the class(like the Master Seal).

My question here is:
    I'm using Yanfly's class change plugin, but also one of SoulPour777's custom menus (The Tales of Vesperia one, if that info helps at all), so having both on at once messes up the menu arrangement.
    I noticed that there is a plugin command for opening the class change screen manually, so I was wondering if I could get around the clashing plugins by simply having the menu open when you decide to use the "Master Seal."
    Adding plugin commands to an item seems...not possible, so if anyone out there knows of a way to make such a thing happen I would be very grateful!

Thank you and sorry for any confusion,
    ~Masa

2. Amy Pond

Amy Pond Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    In the items tab, under effects choose other then common event. Create a common event that is not started by any switches or anything. All the common event does is calls the plugin commands that you need.

3. Muramasamune

Muramasamune Smarter than the average bear Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh! Simpler than I thought! I figured I might have needed a common event.

Thank you very much, Amy!