Using and sharing MV graphic assets

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I've been doing custom battlebacks, sprites, tilesets and facesets for  XP and MV for over a year now.

And of course I can't wait to bring all the new MW graphics into the mix or start making MV assets as well. The problem is, so far I haven't seen an official statement that there is something like an RTP for MV and kind of a license to use the graphics to create custom content and provide it for other owners of XP, VX or MV.

So...how are things at the moment and/or how will this probably be handled in the future?

Last edited by a moderator:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What we have been told is that the default resources can be edited and shared for use in RPG Maker just as previous versions default materials could be.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV edits of default resources can be shared with other people who own MV. You can post them in the MV Resources forum.

Please note that you CANNOT share edits of the bonus content, as that is DLC and will be a shop product in the future, so will have the same terms as other shop packs.

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the feedback - especially the thing with the bonus content!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'
Is i possible too make a weapon have a chance of using a skill?
Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lymeish