RMMV Using biud436 plugins to make a virtual on-screen keyboard => darkkitten's cmdinp plugin mod [SOLVED]

basicleader

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering about the possibility of displaying a visual keyboard to complement the input dialog plugins already existant. I have asked the same questions to the maker of the plugins I'm using, but I thought the community would probably also be able to answer them, in case I get no answer from biud436.

Here is a copy of my message:

"Hi biud436,

I'm working on short RPGMV games to be used as English learning exercises in the classroom. Until now, I've used only the basic choice-menu to ask questions to the pupils while they move around the different situations seen in cass, but I recently found your MV plugins:

RS InputKeyCodeEx
RS Keyboard Event
RS Input Dialog

And I started to wonder if it could be possible to create a visual keyboard on-screen to type when the input dialog is started.

To try out the idea before looking for a way to display buttons on screen, I used the console and tried to use the JS code: Input._makeKeyTiming(); (or some others from your plugin) to see if it was possible to interact with the input dialog window, but to no avail. When the Input Dialog is on screen, I cannot interact with it from the console, only actually using the real keyboard is detected. Do you think I'm just doing it wrong?

Before spending more hours on this idea, I thought I would ask you whether you think it is actually possible to do that or not?

However, the plugins are great as they are, I'm trying to achieve that because my pupils are working on iPads and don't have an actual keyboard, thus, they would unfortunately be unable to use the input dialog unless I create a visual on-screen keyboard inside my RPGMV games."

Thanks for your time everyone,

Regards,

basicleader

basicleader

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Sorry guys, thread can be closed!

I used ideas from many plugins I found to modify darkkitten's cmdinp.js plugin.

I ended up creating an on-screen visual keyboard input window that is exactly what I needed.

Here is a video of the plugin in action:

Have a great day everyone!

basicleader

Viranda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm super interested in this. Could you please set the Youtube video to public?

Viranda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, that's awesome. Would you please be so kind of sharing how you did it?

basicleader

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Yeah, I can send you the script as I have modified it; I suppose you'll just have to credit darkkitten for the original script if you use it in your games! Check your pm! If you check out the code, I have indicated all the parts that I modified or added.

Hope you'll be able to use it.

Viranda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I can send you the script as I have modified it; I suppose you'll just have to credit darkkitten for the original script if you use it in your games! Check your pm! If you check out the code, I have indicated all the parts that I modified or added.

Hope you'll be able to use it.
Thank you very much. By the way, are you using it on MV or MZ?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!
Has anyone ever wanted to choose how they play? I've been working on Black Moon, a project where you can fight against ancient beasts by commanding an army of former gods and goddesses. But what makes it different is that there are different ways to give your choice heroes either Red, Green, or Blue weapons/armor, and each grants different abilities. More coming soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hahah520