dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone.

This is concerning a commercial project.

I'm experimenting with a design that uses both actor portraits and busts during battle sequences. I'm currently trying to implement Soulpour777's 'Show Portraits in Battle' for busts, and Yanfly's 'Ace Battle Engine' for the portraits.

Here are my issues:

Soulpour's script does not allow Actor 005 and beyond to be involved in battle. It seems that this script was created strictly for Actors' 001 - 004 only. My project uses a larger cast of playable characters.

Soulpour's portraits sits on top of Yanfly's battle menu, largely blocking the battlers and battleback. I need the portraits to retain their original position. However, then I would need Yanfly's battle menu background with a higher transparency so the portraits would show through better.

Now, I am not certain what the authors' terms on modifying their scripts are. I'm hoping someone would have more knowledge on this. If these scripts cannot be modified due to authors' limitations or compatibility issues, I'd be grateful if alternative scripts can be suggested to reproduce the results I'm after.

In the case of alternative script suggestions:

- They must be free for commercial use.

- They must be in English (otherwise I would not be able to use it!)

Finally if none of the above is possible at all, I'd really appreciate if someone with a bit of spare time would create a new script for this.

Thanks for reading; cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please link to the scripts you're using, no one can help you without being able to read the scripts.

If possible, link to the script's description page, not to the download (and don't repost them here) as those pages often contain additional info.

dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your reply. I have now done this.

dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there somewhere in the script that indicates actors 1-4? Maybe you could increase the top number if there is

By the way. Im not sure thats what they mean by linking the script

Edit: also, did you put all the busts in the battlers folder you needed? It says to do this in the instructions. I bet you would also have to indicate that in the script somehow which to use where

dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there,

I've played around with the demo project. The demo only contains busts for up to four actors. Also, the script only indicates four actors. I've tried to modify the script by doing all sorts of crazy things, but as I'm not a scripter, this only resulted in errors at runtime.

Doesn't linking the script mean providing a link to the script? I'm going on logic here lol.

Edit:

When I say four actors, I mean the first four actors. I'm not trying to add more than four actors in battle. The script doesn't consider actor 005 and beyond, meaning I can only use actor 001-004 in battle. Unless there is a way to swap around the actor position...but ugh...that may make this more complicated.

Edit 2:

Actually swapping around actor position would mean that the bust file name would then be incorrect as the actor would refer to the wrong bust file after the swap...

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Did you add busts for those actors? And i thought the script would only refer to the first 4 actors in the database, thus the need to increase that number

dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The demo had busts for the actors already.

That's it exactly. The script only refers to actors 001-004. I need the script to refer to actors 001-maximum number of actors ideally. Though to be honest, I think the first ten actors would be more than enough.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I checked the script, and it would need a big rewrite to allow for other actors. It's not only that everything is fixed for the first four actors, additionally there are direct assignments of data like where to display the pictures and more.

I think you're better off looking for a different script that provides similiar effects - if I remember correctly there is one on the master script list where you can set the view direction for all four directions (not only front and sideview).

Unfortunately I don't remember which one it was - two years ago I took two weeks of time to really check every single script on the MSL, but I don't remember which one was which.

dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've had a look at the list using a keyword search, but didn't find anything useful.

I want to revisit my idea in post #12.

What if a script was written to swap actors around with their data? For example, let actor position 005 swap to actor position 001, and also rename the appropriate bust graphic, and then let Soulpour's script take things from there.

Is this feasible?

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses
There is, in fact a script that does what you want

http://izumiwhite.web.fc2.com/rgss3/rgss3_009.html

Script Download Link: here

Even though, it says she doesn't require credits and the script is usable both for free/commercial.

Being as famous as she is in the doujin circles.

You should probably put 白の魔(or Izumi White) in your credit list.

It uses graphics in Graphics\Pictures that matches its name with Graphics\Faces

and show it up as bust automatically along with the menu pop up for each actors.

This means all you have to do is to make 1 face file and 1 picture file for each actor.

The configuration part in the script is actually readable in English if you don't understand Japanese.

Picture_opacity = 200 >>Adjusting Opacity
Picture_x = 0 >>Adjusting position X
Picture_y = 0 >>Adjusting position Y

Hidepicture1 = true >>Set to true to hide bust during item/skill selection
Hidepicture2 = true >>Set to true to hide bust during enemy selection
Hidepicture3 = true >> Set to true to hide bust during ally selection

dseden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes! This would work! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We'll be doing another giveaway of MZ on the stream tomorrow! Thank you SykoGaming for contributing a copy for the community! :D
Sorry guys! Been away for long this time. Got attacked by my anxieties again. At least no more bedbugs. Got logged out of here and layout seems strange now a bit.
My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memakegamemekillminority