Using Celiannas Tileset Commercially in MV

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by beenbaba, Jan 24, 2016.

1. beenbaba

beenbaba Slowly getting there Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Not sure if this is the right place to post so please move if needed

I want to buy the commercial license for Celiannas Tileset for VX and Ace here http://pixanna.nl/products/celiannas-tileset/ and want to use it in MV. However, the terms seem different depending on what website/page I'm looking at and I'm not sure whether I can use it in MV commercially as some pages say different things.

On Celiannas Page

DO NOTE: Celianna’s Tileset is exclusive to RPG Maker VX and VX Ace (you can use it in the other RPG Makers IF you own a license to RPG Maker VX or RPG Maker VX Ace)

Forum Page here

Free for non-commercial use. For commercial use, please PM me. You must own RPG Maker VX to be able to use this commercially. It is important to note that if you are using a crowdfunding platform such as Kickstater or IndieGoGo, you cannot use my tiles to show off your project. The bottom line; if money is involved using my tiles, you'll have to purchase the commercial license.

On purchase page at Sellfy

Note: you can ONLY use them in RPG Maker VX or RPG Maker VX Ace, and NO OTHER GAME ENGINE.

I own VX Ace on steam which would give me a valid license for it, so can I use it if I buy the commercial license?

Thanks

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The way I understand it, Celiana had special permission to make VX edits for that set, so unless you own BOTH VX and VXAce, you can't use it outside of those two editors. However, maybe Celiana can specify more.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Originally, those resources needed the VX licence to be used even in Ace because they contain edits from the VX-RTP. That is the regular licence - to use a different RTP you need to own both the maker of the RTP and the maker where you want to use them.

Later Celianna got a special licence to allow the usage in Ace without the need to own VX in addition to VX Ace.

The differences between the terms are probably caused by not updating them everywhere when Cel got the licence.

But as far as I know that licence was specific to Ace, and I don't know if that transfers to MV as well - and I also don't know if the tilesets are pure VX-edits or also containing VXA-edits.

Only Celianna can answer this - you have to wait until she posts.

4. beenbaba

First Language:
    English
    Okay thanks both, I'll wait to see what Celianna says :)

5. Mickychi

Mickychi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    beenbaba likes this.
  6. beenbaba

First Language:
    English
    Oh awesome! I didn't see that post, thanks!

7. Mickychi

Mickychi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Your welcome :)