Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I'm not sure what I do wrong here, so could use some fresh eyes.

The idea is simple.
When the player drinks a cup of coffee (item) they get a speed boost that last 30 seconds.

So I thought making a comment event or two to be specific and link it to the item would do the trick, but I just can't get it to work.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

GuiltySlug

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In your part 2 event, you have the speed boost turning off if the timer is greater than or equal to 0:00. Try changing that to < and see what happens, but I'm not well-versed enough in how common events work to know if that's the entire problem.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't want to show a timer for that, you can just make this with common events:
[EDIT] OPS, instead of "Wait 30 frames", you can put two times:
Wait 900 frames
Wait 900 frames
This will be equal to 30 seconds ^^

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In your part 2 event, you have the speed boost turning off if the timer is greater than or equal to 0:00. Try changing that to < and see what happens, but I'm not well-versed enough in how common events work to know if that's the entire problem.
It worked! I knew it was something really small that was the issue, haha. Thanks!

If you don't want to show a timer for that, you can just make this with common events:
[EDIT] OPS, instead of "Wait 30 frames", you can put two times:
Wait 900 frames
Wait 900 frames
This will be equal to 30 seconds ^^
Thanks, didn't think about that :)

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim: depends a bit on the scenario, but I would not recommend this in general, since parallel events reset on map change, i.e. the parallel event will restart from the top whenever the player moves to another map. :kaoback:

If you want to avoid the built-in Timer, I'd suggest using a variable and shorter wait times, e.g.
Code:
◆Comment:1800 frame wait time (1800/60 = 30 seconds)
◆Control Variables:#0001 frameWait = 1800
◆Control Switches:#0001 Timer Active = ON
Code:
◆Comment:Check value
◆If:frameWait ≤ 0
  ◆Comment:End "timer"
  ◆Text:None, Window, Bottom
  :    :Time's up!
  ◆Control Switches:#0001 Timer Active = OFF
  ◆
:Else
  ◆Comment:-6 every 6 frames (0.1 seconds).
  ◆Control Variables:#0001 frameWait -= 6
  ◆Wait:6 frames
  ◆
:End
This reduces the possible error to (in this case) 6 frames per map change. Since the wait time is after the check, it also helps ensure that the total duration can never be more than 1800 frames. :kaothx:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.
New skit is up for grid battle system. Less tactics battle engine looking battle systems, more final fantasy/breath of fire looking battle systems.

Dororo wrote on Tsukihime's profile.
For the grid battle system: a function to check if another actor is in a given range - to trigger combo actions or benefit of passive aura/morale ranges.
Uuuh I cannot find any good RPG to play
Gimme some free RPG recommendations plz
I need to consume it
I'm in a need of excitement caused by doing literally nothing on my laptop and then thinking I did something useful and then realising that I didnt and crying internally

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr