HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so I've tried a few different ways of doing this, can't figure it out for the life of me. I even looked at other threads asking the same question, and I'm completely lost, so here's my question. How do I get a custom font in my game to work on other computers without getting my players to install it?
Apparently, if I make a folder titled Fonts right in the game folder, it should work fine. It doesn't. I have all of my font files in there, but on other computers it prints everything in a really boring font (I think Arial or something like that). There are no other folders within that folder. I am using a Yanfly script (ACE Message Script), but I didn't set it to display any other font when that one isn't installed, so I don't know why it's displaying a completely random font. I made sure that I was using the correct font name in both the main method and Yanfly's script. Perhaps there's something crucial I've missed.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's an indication that the custom font couldn't be loaded. Using the Fonts folder should work. I do recall there was some issue with the folder - maybe the location - but I just don't remember the details.

Maybe format? Are you including the .ttf files or some other format?

Do the fonts work okay on your computer?
Does Ace give you the option to exclude unused files, and did you do that? I wonder if it excludes the font files?

On other computers, are the fonts actually in the Fonts folder?

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
- The file formats are Type 1 Font and PFB. Only two I received when I downloaded the font.
- It works perfectly fine on my computer, though I do have it installed.
- It does not give me that option. Just "Create encrypted Archive" and "Include RTP Data"
- I checked another computer. All of the files appear to be there.

Edit: Oh my goodness, I found another one, though I actually don't know if it has anything to do with the one I'm using. That one says TrueType.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Afaik, the Fonts folder method only works for TrueType font files, if its not TrueType, you might need to make the player install the file.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, as soon as I saw the VL Gothic one, I figured it might be in the wrong format. I see a file in the correct one just above that in my download folder, but when I open it, it doesn't look the same at all, so I'm a little hesitant.

Edit: Tested it just in case on the other computer. That was not it. I actually did manage to find it on a site, though, which hopefully should have newer font types than the old CD.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What if you uninstall that font from your computer (and maybe restart, just to be sure it's not hanging around in memory somewhere) - can you then play your game and see the font? Maybe it's just working for you because you've got it installed. You could also install it on another computer that's currently having the issue, to see if that solves it, but you can't do that for all computers, and you're reducing your testing pool.

HexMozart88

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It works now, actually. Thanks, both of you. I found the CD I originally got it from and apparently the TrueType ones are in a different folder within the font folder, so I just put those ones in the game.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@HexMozart88 If your query is fully resolved, please Report your post and ask for the thread to be closed.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detulovnoc