Using custom two tile door textures?

Smyles85

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made my own 2 tile door texture and animation, and I'm trying to make it work in-game, but it only shows up as a sliver instead of a full door. How do I get it in the game and animated? I have it in a png with each frame moving down vertically, like the default door textures.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is because you gave the door both the wrong filename and the wrong structure.

a single sprite always consist of 3x4 cells, your door has only 1x4 cells. that will never work
and for single sprites you'll need $ in the filename, without it the engine expects 4x2 sprites or 12x8 cells

Smyles85

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is because you gave the door both the wrong filename and the wrong structure.

a single sprite always consist of 3x4 cells, your door has only 1x4 cells. that will never work
and for single sprites you'll need $ in the filename, without it the engine expects 4x2 sprites or 12x8 cells
Thanks :) this worked. Do you know why it has to be 3x4 instead of 1x4? I ended up just copy and pasting it 3 times to make up the extra space but I don't see why.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you know why it has to be 3x4 instead of 1x4
because that is the programmed format for sprites - four directions and three-frame-animation.
It doesn't matter if you don't need the animation or the directions - the engine requires them to calculate the cell size.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaClownnn