Using DLC Music in RPG Maker MV

Ultima2876

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi,

If I buy DLC music packs from the store, do they come with everything needed to get them working in RPG Maker MV?

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
They are optimized for VX-Ace. While they have a format that should work in MV (.ogg), compatibility is not 100% guaranteed.

However, we are planning on providing a free MV format update to pack owners (it might take a short while to roll out, but it won't cost anything extra). So, if you're on the fence about whether to buy during the sale or not, you should go for it. :)

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ace OGG's, confirmed by me using them, work 100% in MV.  No need to tweak anything.  I've tested both Ace's RTP OGG's, custom made ones from various sources and my own stuff that I made for Ace.  Only thing missing is M4A versions of the same music, which would, essentially, use the same loop points as the OGGs, as long as no artifacts create any clicking sounds at said loop points.  Of course, they would only be of use in a mobile game, but that's the name of the game. lol

Lux Fortuna

Legal Eagle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
They've worked for me so far. I remember a couple of them were either just in M4A or OGG and I have no idea what that means (so there was a compatibility issue to some degree). Either way the resolution was ridiculously easy. I had to DL  media human which let me convert from OGG to M4A--or vice versa I can't remember, and it literally took like 30 seconds.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use audacity for conversion. it works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS