Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When I use rotate tool in gimp my object seems to to screw up the picture. Am I doing something wrong? or is it just how it is? If so, Is there way to smooth out the image?

rYwQpBD.png
DhwEVQU.png

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think that's how it is.

How much are you rotating? An angle that is a multiple of 45 should have the best possible results.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can try with the Interpolation set at None, but with so few pixels it's almost impossible to get a perfect rotation in Gimp.

I don't know how Photoshop handles it, but if you stick to Gimp you can try a software called RotSprite which gets better results.

You'll have to import the resulting image back in Gimp, but it may be worth the effort.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
but if you stick to Gimp you can try a software called RotSprite which gets better results.

You'll have to import the resulting image back in Gimp, but it may be worth the effort.
Hmm....interesting. I'll have to give RotSprite a try.

Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Hudell -20

@cabfe I see, well I will try that software. 

Thanks everyone.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So the number one complaint I get so far is the levels are simply too large. What's funny is in testing I deemed levels taking too long and actually shortened them. Figuring I could beat them in 5-6 minutes so players would be able to do so in probably double that. I was apparently very mistaken, only one player has mentioned even reaching the second area. Let alone the first boss. :kaoswt:
I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing!
...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2:
Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully, it's nearly done.
mercba30 wrote on Jesse - PVGames's profile.
How do I get the new version of the character creator? Thank you in advance!

I fixed the lips and noses for MZ! The files have been updated.
qQwgk8C.png

Everything below!
Ugh, I opened MV after a few weeks and I'm completely lost on what I was working on.
Does it happen to someone else or am I the only disorganized one around? :kaoswt:
xH5Fk2f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProjectElpizo