Using items at specific times

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by Jakalu, Mar 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jakalu

Jakalu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
  2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If it's similar to what's in that topic, why can't you just do what's in that topic?

I barely used VX - does it have the concept of Key Items? Does it have a Select Key Item event command?

3. Jakalu

Jakalu Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    No, it doesn't have the Select Key Item event command. The concept of Key Items, I don't know, but as far as I do know, the concept isn't around.

I got around RMVXA*, so I understand what's going on in the topic I mentioned, but not now in RMVX.

*Lite

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  4. Opozorilo

Opozorilo VUN Developer Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    Well, you can do that with common events and normal events in maps. Though it's a little bit messy...

You would have to make 2 items for one key item and  common events too per key item.

You can make an event just in front of the door that (if you have the key) it gives another you item with the same name. This item will trigger the common event

that opens the door and lets you in.

However, there's still the problem that if you move away from the door, it'd open anyway, right?

To fix this, you have to make events that surround the event that's just in front of the door (the event that gives you the second item), and make it so that

every one of those events take the second key away and give you the first one (the one that doesn't open the door and is just for walking around. This is the key that will trigger the other common event that says: "You can't use this item here"). Remember to set a conditional branch that triggers these event only if you have the second key with you.

Finally, the events placed in maps should be set with the "below characters" priority and none of the other options.

Here are all the images you need:

1.- The eventing. The blue event is the event that gives you the second item (with the same name, for the example I wrote key 2) and takes away the first key.

and the red events are the ones that take away that key if you have the second one and gives you the first.

[​IMG]

2.- The blue event

[​IMG]

3.- The red events

[​IMG]

4.- The Door Event.

[​IMG]

5.- The Common Events

[​IMG]

6.- TheSetting of the items.

[​IMG]

So... this is one way to achieve what you need.

Hope it helps.

Emje-noeg likes this.