Tamina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keep in mind, while those are indie games, they aren't RM games. Not that I'm saying we should set the bar lower for ourselves, but just realize a stigma against RPG Maker does exist unfortunately.

I don't think it's the issue with RM as an engine, but rather, the inflexibility of RM as an engine keeping indie developers with higher budget away.

Most of the time players don't care about the engine. But they will care if a game has weird collision detections, outdated game mechanics, janky controls, the lack of frames in animations and performance issues.

Unfortunately with how RM works it's really, really difficult to fix these, hence the stigma. A developer with higher budget aiming for a higher quality game would probably just use a different engine.

Hyper light drifter is made with game maker studio, which advertise it self as "engine for hobbiest" like RM. But I've never heard anyone who said "oh Im not interested in this game because it's done in game maker". But that game did achieved smooth action game experience and pretty graphics, which is it's biggest selling point.

Last edited:

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Keep in mind, while those are indie games, they aren't RM games. Not that I'm saying we should set the bar lower for ourselves, but just realize a stigma against RPG Maker does exist unfortunately.
Time to break that stigma with some quality releases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Avery's Advent Calendar Day event has put me in a jolly mood, so I dug through my folders finished up some old generator pieces. Check my Fantasy Generator Expansion -Dwarfs! To see what I dropped.
Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
narwhalkyrie