Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello together!

What would be the simplest way to remove all the default LUK usage from the engine? I do not like how it is used as it can cause frustration to have states or buffs/debuffs not occur sometimes.
And I also want to abuse the stat as weapon damage. :LZSgrin:

Thanks in advance. :LZSsmile:

Last edited:

RetroExcellent

Pixelated Avatar of Chaos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can set chance to 999% so that it always triggers on a state or debuff. I am not sure what all LUK affects so I cannot help with that part, but you can use it in damage or weapon damage formulas with just a.luk in the formula

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Best way is set LUK on the base param to 1, but you can also remove it entirely using plugins or
use change param plugin to alter the effect and add the ones you need like critical, critical chance etc etc.

Yanfly have a good list of plugin for all that stuff and with lunatic code, you can do much more though.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1 of yanflys plugins has plugin parameter for "luck effect" i changed it to just say 1 which removes luck from the formula on state rates and just uses pure proc% vs resist rate. n then i started using luk (renamed Skill) as a base damage stat the applies to both physical and magical while atk and mat are where the majority is for "most" skills.

edit: http://yanfly.moe/2016/03/25/yep-86-base-parameter-control/
last plugin parameter is changing the formula used for a stat to influence state rates

other plugins like yanflys EXparameter control will allow you to change formulas used for hit, evasion and and crit rates so they could include character stats instead of being only database %s

Last edited:

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can set chance to 999% so that it always triggers on a state or debuff.
That's a good idea, thanks!

Best way is set LUK on the base param to 1

Yanfly have a good list of plugin for all that stuff and with lunatic code, you can do much more though.
Yeah, I did that. Thank you too. :LZSsmile:

Haha, I know. I use a lot of his plugins already. :LZSgrin:

1 of yanflys plugins has plugin parameter for "luck effect" i changed it to just say 1 which removes luck from the formula on state rates and just uses pure proc% vs resist rate. n then i started using luk (renamed Skill) as a base damage stat the applies to both physical and magical while atk and mat are where the majority is for "most" skills.
Great! I had this plugin already but I didn't know what I need to insert, so that Luk will never be used in the regular functions. So if I set it to 1 or 0 inside this plugin, will that mean that Luk will never be considered again by the default system? Even if a weapon will give 9999 Luk?

other plugins like yanflys EXparameter control will allow you to change formulas used for hit, evasion and and crit rates so they could include character stats instead of being only database %s
Thank's. I have this plugin too. I will see if I need to alter some of these values. :LZSsmile:

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you set it to 0 no states will ever be applied EVER.
a result of 1 = 100% base rate * apply rate * resist rate. 0.0 * anything is always 0%
luk is used in the plugin parameter formula by default (which is the vanilla formula)
if you wanted you could set mat on the user side and mdf on the target side to have M.Atk and M.Def be used to change state rates. (but not all states are magic based in my game)
but i prefer just using 1 so it only uses apply rate vs resist rate

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What worst could happen when your driver said "I know a shortcut"?
Creating Telekinesis script for another user, couldn't resist doing a scripted scene to display progress, when I could have just shown it in seconds XD
My city has enacted some measures to lock down the city from the plague for the first time in China and it has been reported even on some international news. :kaomad2: I'd never imagined my little city would be paid attention to in such a way.
I made a lot of progress on the 2nd stage of my game. Only 10 levels but it took over a week to design and implement. Cant wait to share more info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fedon