Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's an interesting mechanic; you can use it to allow strategic use of your mp in game. Of course, the trade off would be less mp for other things, kind of like turning someone into a berserker for a couple turns by sapping their mp.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
yes. Although in my opinion the trade off is a plus because it can create meaningfull choices and strategic gameplay

espeacilly if mp regenerates over time in battle

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If MP is also the resource used for casting skills in the first place, it becomes a very weird mechanic because you have one resource trying to gate two entirely separate things at once (extra effects and skill use).  I've never seen this implemented effectively, except for games like Race for the Galaxy where you are making an either/or decision with your cards (which are the resource).

However, this could be a good mechanic for warrior-type characters that don't use MP as the resource for skill use.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
what about a system were there are two skill resources and as mp regenerates you can use the other. like a fatuige mechanic. i also should have said that in the beginning

edit: actually, i think if i use this it will be for my spellblades physical attacks

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally done! Time to continue the other one.
Grass... Earth... Sand... Snow! Working on edits for some new autotiles for MZ/MV
Waiting on approval on my One Map Challenge game, which I made to get a feel for RPG Maker. I was able to complete it before MZ's release, now I can focus fully on the MZ game I want to make. I'm excited, ya'll.

I have recently returned to try and developing games after I learned how to use digital drawing software.

My goal is to start simple and small. I am mostly aiming to create a game that I would play, and to tell a story that I would like to read. :smile:
RayGarden7 wrote on Geovid's profile.
Hey I'm new the RPG Maker forms as well and was having the same problem you are with needing 30 post or 30 threads we must complete. Maybe we could help each other out? Why you on the forms what is your goal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffithVIII