Using multiple Items at one time?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to use more then one item at a time? I have an item that grants me 20 tp each use, but after i select it and use it, it kicks me out of menu into map. So it can get very annoying having to do this each time to gain tp from the item.

Is there a way i can select as many as i want and then use them at once?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not aware of any current plugins that allow for such a feature. It's certainly possible, but you'd need to either create your own plugin for it or get someone else to code one for you.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does your item have a common event effect? Not sure why it would kick you out of the menu otherwise. If so, there may be an alternative way to achieve whatever the event is doing.

Reactions: J-G

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does your item have a common event effect? Not sure why it would kick you out of the menu otherwise. If so, there may be an alternative way to achieve whatever the event is doing.
Yes it's via common event, since it will not be used on a character for say. I have an energy bar that is using tp as the gauge on the map.
So this items will Regen the "energy" by a certain amount.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try adding a script call at the end of the common event

Code:
SceneManager._stack.push(Scene_Map);
SceneManager._stack.push(Scene_Menu);
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Item);
I ripped the idea from this thread here.

Reactions: Bex

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try adding a script call at the end of the common event

Code:
SceneManager._stack.push(Scene_Map);
SceneManager._stack.push(Scene_Menu);
SceneManager.goto(Scene_Item);
I ripped the idea from this thread here.
Thanks I'll give it a whirl once I manage to get on my laptop today.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for double posting, computer is refusing to load upon hitting edit again. Guess my internet connection is weak or something.

So i tried that script and it kinda sorta helps, but it messes with the script call i have for the event that only shows my item window and then lets me exit without seeing the menu scene at all.

There is also a slight hiccup when the common event runs. It basically reopens the item scene, which i think would look kinda funny.

Thanks though, i'll keep at it and see if i can find something smoother to this. Since it semi solves the kickout every item used but no the multiple item usage at once issue.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try removing the first line of the script. I'm not confident on this, but I think it may not be necessary. I don't know if removing it would make any difference though.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will give that a try as well. thanks

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does your Item need to call a common Event? What does the Common Event do in this case?
Maybe there is a Workaround, if we just know more.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It gains 20+ tp, so in future I want player to want to be able to say select 10 items at once and use them all, rather then 1 at a time. Plus the effect will take effect in map screen, since I'm using srd HUD maker, I have an energy bar on top to show this.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But you can give +20 TP without calling a common event with this Item.
The calling of that common event is the cause that closes the menu, if you remove that, you can
use 10 Items or 20 or all 99.
Or am i missing something?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well there is not option to gain 20 TP from params or any of that within the item. Unless I'm forgetting a different way to to this. Since it won't be used in battle or on menu screen. It has to be used as direct effect from item scene

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought it is this one:
itemtpgain.PNG

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, I've tried gain Tp and it did nothing on screen.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In Database your Actors or Class need the Trait: Other - Special Flag - Preserve TP.
Without that special Flag TP will disappear after every Battle, with it the TP get safed as far as i know.

I started Battle without using Items and than Hero got 0 TP.
I consume 2 TP Potions before Battle, than Hero got 40 TP at battle start.

Maybe this helps.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll try using preserve tp but idk if that will work. Since my max tp(energy) will be 999,999 I believe preserve tp will only work for max in game tp of 100. That could be why gain tp from item didn't work. Only common event increase tp worked

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Preserve TP should work for whatever you set the maximum TP to... but what are you using to change the maximum TP? If you haven't already found a plugin for that, I have one that I could post that does that and a number of other TP-related things. Of particular note here is that it'll let you set preserve TP to be default behaviour, so you don't need to add the Preserve TP trait to every single actor.

The item effect Gain TP does respect whatever the max TP is. If you use a plugin to change the max TP to 999999, then Gain TP will allow raising the TP that high. I think event TP gain should also respect that maximum though...

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using srd to upgrade as I figured it would play nice with his HUD plugin as well.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, which plugin is that? What's the exact name?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.
grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyfix333