J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Srd Tp upgrade and Srd HUD maker.
Ill try using preserve and see if that makes a difference but it could be a couple of hrs before I get a chance.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't find TP Upgrade on SRD's website... do you know where it can be found?

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I swear I came across a plugin that could do this not too long ago. I meant to download it on my laptop, but I forgot to get around to it. Let me look for it.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you find it that would be awesome!

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found it. It's only for items that use a Common Event, but I think this is what you need.

Look for Item Common Event Fix. Hope it works.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay thank you. I will check this out thoroughly

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, looks like you can just set Preserve TP in the plugin and it'll apply to all actors. The max TP set by the plugin should also be respected by all engine code, as far as I can tell. In other words, I'd recommend adding a Gain TP effect to your item instead of using a common event - it will likely work even for increasing the TP above 100.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found it. It's only for items that use a Common Event, but I think this is what you need.

Look for Item Common Event Fix. Hope it works.
It works, it doesn't kick you out, the downfall is, it won't let the common event take effect till after you exit, so if I use multiples of the item, only one took effect after I exited item scene.

Okay, looks like you can just set Preserve TP in the plugin and it'll apply to all actors. The max TP set by the plugin should also be respected by all engine code, as far as I can tell. In other words, I'd recommend adding a Gain TP effect to your item instead of using a common event - it will likely work even for increasing the TP above 100.

I did try but the effect never happens, it's the same. Doesn't go above 100 on the map bar. Only common event seems to work for it.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
common events must be ran on the map scene.
of course it'll kick you out from the item scene in order to run the common event.

one solution would be to stack the common event calls, but I don't know any plugins that can do that.
one work around that, would be to read the ID of the common event, and push it into an array, manually.
that could be done through script calls,.... but I don't know about compatibility :/

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Scripting is still a bit of my weak point. So unless someone good at it helps me on it. I probably won't be able to figure it out for a long while haha

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did try but the effect never happens, it's the same. Doesn't go above 100 on the map bar. Only common event seems to work for it.
I see... but wait, you said the map bar? I was about to say this could be a bug with SRD's plugin, but now I suddenly wonder whether the issue lies with TP Upgrade or with HUD Maker... is it possible that the TP does go over 100, but the map bar is configured to assume the max TP is 100 and thus just displays it wrong?

Here's something you could try to test this theory, if you want to.

1. Make an item/skill that uses the Gain TP effect to add, let's say 10 TP.
  2. Start up a game. Press F8 and paste this code into the console and press enter:
    JavaScript:
    $gameActors.actor(1).setTp(99)
  3. Verify that the bar says the lead actor's TP is currently 99.
  4. Use the item/skill on the lead actor.
  5. Verify that the bar says the lead actor's TP is currently 100.
  6. Paste this code into the console and press enter:
    JavaScript:
    $gameActors.actor(1).tp
  7. Let me know what number the console returns.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
okay i tested what you said and i found that tp even at 99 using item with tp gain doesn't go up, so i still get a 99 on console log,
I did discover that this item will only work properly when setting it for use to either 1 ally or self, but that brings up the character menu screen and honestly my game will not use this at all. So i have the scope of the item set to none. Which could explain why it only works with the common event. So this makes it a bit more difficult to achieve what im looking for i suppose.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aha, here's the culprit. If you set the scope of the item to None, then that means it doesn't apply to any target, so it doesn't matter what effects you might assign to it - it will never do anything.

So, it does work properly if you set it to something other than a scope of None, correct? If you don't plan to use the character menu screen, how do you determine who the item is applied to? Do you have only one character, or does it apply to the whole party? Assuming one of those is true, there's probably a way to make the game just skip past the character menu screen.

Reactions: Bex

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It will only be one character, see im making a space shooter game and the way i plan to upgrade the ship is simply switching graphics for that one character. So no other character will be needed.
So what do you have in mind?

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With a few changes to Scene_ItemBase you can probably make it not show the character selection window at all and instead assume the item will always target the first (and only) character. I'm not quite sure what changes would need to be made, but looking at rpg_scenes.js, these appear to be the functions that would need to be changed:

JavaScript:
Scene_ItemBase.prototype.determineItem = function() {
    var action = new Game_Action(this.user());
    var item = this.item();
    action.setItemObject(item);
    if (action.isForFriend()) {
        this.showSubWindow(this._actorWindow);
        this._actorWindow.selectForItem(this.item());
    } else {
        this.useItem();
        this.activateItemWindow();
    }
};

Scene_ItemBase.prototype.itemTargetActors = function() {
    var action = new Game_Action(this.user());
    action.setItemObject(this.item());
    if (!action.isForFriend()) {
        return [];
    } else if (action.isForAll()) {
        return $gameParty.members();
    } else {
        return [$gameParty.members()[this._actorWindow.index()]];
    }
};
Basically that isForFriend() branch in determineItem needs to be changed, or possibly even just removed. Then in itemTargetActors, the last return statement would be changed to return [$gameParty.leader()] or something like that.

It's possible there are other changes that would be needed, too; I just took a quick look to give a general idea.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, i'll look into this to see if i can make the right changes to it. Hopefully i can figure this out rather fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my birthday! :kaoluv: Also, Cupcake is done and out(ill post about it in a couple of days, busy today)
Not to be greedy, but if anyone happens to have VX Ace or MV Resource steam keys that I don't have, lying around, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
Got accepted into the architecture degree. Now I have all the doubting questions. Have to give them an answer in the next few days.
Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guhh