Using multiple maps for an overworld, need a way to transfer from many points

tomexplodes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Basically, my overworld map size in total would be 336x312, so, as it's 4 continents, I've broken it up into 4 pieces. What I need is a way that doesn't require me to make... 648 transfer events per map. Also, I'd like to be able to fly off the side of the map (I added 10 tiles around the sides so you hopefully won't see the edge) or sail, riding a vehicle that is, and still get to the next map

--+---+
+ 1 + 2 +
--+---+
+ 3 + 4 +
--+---+

I don't know if the visual representation was necessary, but yeah the pluses are where the maps loop around.

ALTERNATIVELY, if there's a way to increase the overworld size, that takes out the need for this.

I hope I've been clear. If somebody can help me out, I know I've been asking a lot of stuff! I'm slowly learning how to do stuff, I made a day/night cycle without having to ask here! Haha. (I know, that's super easy)
Anyway, help please! Thanks!
- Tom

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you want something more elaborate you can try this one

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see you've already found something that works for you, but I'll note that my SFG_EventTriggers plugin (available from the link in my signature) is another alternative that has few more features than Shaz's plugin, if you need them. From your description, it doesn't sound like you do, but just in case. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quite the versatile cast so far :p

chars.PNG

Edit: Sprites are made by Alexdraws and TheMightyPalm. I just edited them.
Degica Games Turn Komodo | RPG Maker News #77

Well, rats. Was really looking forward to trying out FPS Creator, but trying to install and set it up was pretty much impossible for my tiny brain to comprehend. So much for that, then.
Ah, home once more! I think I can safely work on my games now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flowermuncher77