Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi, I tried using in XP musics from VX Ace and the music pack that was released some time ago, but they won't loop properly. It seems these musics only loop properly when they are used through the Ace editor mode. If you listen to them from your desktop or in XP, they don't. I tried converting them to WAV but to no avail. Anyone has any idea what could possibly do the trick?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackNekos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Convert to OGG and manually set the loop points. Which should be the start and the end of the track. That should work.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Nope, that won't work. The end of the track has nothing to do with the beginning. Try it with Battle5.ogg (the musics come in OGG by default btw)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
XP doesn't support ogg looping, only midi looping.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Is there no solution to this problem, then?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well you can convert them to midi, but the quality would be a little questionable.

XP doesn't support ogg looping, only midi looping.
LOL what only midi looping how bad is that.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Could a script do it? What in VX Ace makes them loop properly? It seems it's coded directly in the music itself so to be usable by Ace.

Sailerius

Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I use an FModEx script that lets you loop oggs. I'm sure you could find it with a quick Google search. It's pretty easy to use.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roeigold123