Inception92

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Was wondering if it's possible (allowed?) to use character parts made for MV with MZ?

I'm at a part in my own project where a region I'm working on is intended to have a Japanese theme, with the people living there looking the part. MZ doesn't have any suitable clothes that I can find, but MV has three Japanese character generator expansions on Steam. Will MV parts work for MZ?

I don't care about if the battler sprites line up since I don't plan on any party members to be dressed up like those, just want the overworld sprites, which look like they would line up and work just fine

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Allowed: Yes if you own both engines.
Possible: Pretty much... Only SV battlers will not be a perfect fit.

A couple of frames in the SV battlers have a slightly different pose, which means the clothing will not line up with the character.

Inception92

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Allowed: Yes if you own both engines.
Possible: Pretty much... Only SV battlers will not be a perfect fit.

A couple of frames in the SV battlers have a slightly different pose, which means the clothing will not line up with the character.
Long time back thought I saw some kind of notice or statement from them saying that you couldn't use resources from one version with another, for copyright reasons. That could have been referring to audio files like music.

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Long time back thought I saw some kind of notice or statement from them saying that you couldn't use resources from one version with another, for copyright reasons. That could have been referring to audio files like music.
Maybe 3rd party assets, like DLC?

As far as I know, the terms of use state that you can use all assets that come with any RPG maker in any RPG maker. This also includes VN maker, but it does NOT include Unreal or Unity.

I might be wrong, but... I think I am not. :p If I am that would be a very bad thing... Since I've been telling people this for years. Hahaha.

Nah, I am pretty sure it is allowed to use graphics and music from MV in MZ, including the generator parts. If I am somehow wrong, an admin or moderator should correct me a.s.a.p. (and warn pretty much everyone else, because this is the advice we give on steam for years).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpaapS