Not open for further replies.

John BR

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Hi everybody!

I've got a very important question about RPG maker. I want to create my own game, but not in RPG maker, but in different

programme, and I want to use skins and other resources which is selling on RPG maker. To use this resources i know that

i have to get somekind of licence , but can i only buy licence to only resources without RPG maker programme?

and then use it to my commercial game which is created in other programme? how it works? can you explain this to me? I would great! Thanks for reply

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The entire RTP and all regular shop resources are only licenced to be used with the game engines of the RPG Maker series, they cannot be used outside RM.

However, you can purchase non-RM licences for some of the resources on Degicas other website:

https://gamedevfort.com/store

John BR

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Ok I understand, but tell my why for example this game is using resources from RPG maker, but it's not using RPG maker engine. You wrote that resources can be used only with RPG maker engine, and this game is using other engine.

http://www.margonem.pl/intro/

Thank's for reply!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because there are people using resources without licence, and if someone like that comes to our attention, the questionable website gets an DCMA.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I believe this also applies to modifying the textures/images to be slightly different. I'm not 100% sure of that however.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely. Unless you buy the non-RM version, which costs more, you cannot use the resources or edits based on them outside of RPG Maker.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely. Unless you buy the non-RM version, which costs more, you cannot use the resources or edits based on them outside of RPG Maker.
ok to this . what if i DID buy the program for which i own TWO xD could i use the RTP outside of RM like saaaaayy Gamer Maker for example :o which i to have bought :p (@#$% cant find the desk for it LMAO around my house some where LOL) or does this still apply?

jwideman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ok to this . what if i DID buy the program for which i own TWO xD could i use the RTP outside of RM like saaaaayy Gamer Maker for example :o which i to have bought :p (@#$% cant find the desk for it LMAO around my house some where LOL) or does this still apply?
Stop trying to find ways around buying the license, there isn't any.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely NOT.

This isn't hard to understand.

RTP/included resources can ONLY be used with RPG Maker products.

Shop-bought resources can ONLY be used with RPG Maker products, unless you have bought the more expensive non-RM license.

Edits of the above resources retain the same terms of use as the original resources on which the edits were based.

Please stop trying to find ways around the terms of use. You CANNOT use the default resources in other engines. End.of.story.

I am going to lock this now, because this is not negotiable. The question has been asked and answered. There is no grey area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otishorn