musicalgenocide

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,

Trying to figure out if it's possible through a simple script call to select one of five template events through RNG.

I have a chest event that has random items in it. When the player enters the map, I would like to generate a random number to a variable (1-10) and then use that variable to determine the quality of the items in the chest.

For example, a 1-5 would copy the event that uses the "common" pool for items, whereas a 6-9 would copy the event for "uncommon" items and a 10 would copy the event for "rare" items.

You might be thinking there's probably an easier way to do this than using this script in particular - I'm sure there is, but I wanted to use the event copier as it should make it simple not only for the sheer number of maps that I have but also that I change my mind a lot and I don't want to go back and edit 300 events every 2 days.

In a nutshell:

* Player enters map.
* Random number is generated to "ChestType" variable.
* Game checks variable against which template event to use.

Hope that makes sense. Seems like a simple script call would be able to do this.

Here is a link to Yanfly's Event Copier.

Thanks for any assistance in advance!

lordosthyvel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you just have a single event you copy for each chest?
Make the event check the value of the variable and generate the loot depending on that.
That way, if you want to change to 4 loot tiers for example, you dont have to redo it all like you said yourself.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skybola188