Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I found a plugin that I really want to use, Simultaneous Messages, by a member who hasn't been active in these forums since 2018. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have compatibility with Galv Message Styles, so wondering if anyone has adjusted it themselves to work with Message Styles, or has an alternative solution?

Essentially I want to be able to bring up more than one Galv Style speech bubble at a time:

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 11.54.35 pm.png

Kingdommangas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
welp
Galv did it here there is a timer for the other messages text and it's obviously compatible with his others plugin :kaopride:

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
welp
Galv did it here there is a timer for the other messages text and it's obviously compatible with his others plugin :kaopride:
Unfortunately that's not exactly I what I'm after. I need all the bubbles to stay up until the player clicks/interacts with them (or more accurately, to stay visible until the player interacts with one of them, at which point all of them should disappear), not just disappear after a set amount of time.

Last edited:

Kingdommangas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid this kind of plugin doesn't exist.
I search many message plugin for my game and the plugin for many textbox in same time is few and using timer.
Well maybe I have missed one.

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid this kind of plugin doesn't exist.
I search many message plugin for my game and the plugin for many textbox in same time is few and using timer.
Well maybe I have missed one.
My Timer System is capable of displaying text.
It's kind of maybe an odd way to use it but it can do it.
That's the only way I really know to create text above events (can also change text too), can be used for lots of great things really... but also works for this. At least seemed to do well in my tests.

...and that would be a setup like this:
1585209581762.png
1585210523865.png
1585210534877.png
1585210548077.png
1585210560121.png
1585210579262.png
What it looks like in game:
1585210906776.png

Last edited:

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My Timer System is capable of displaying text.
It's kind of maybe an odd way to use it but it can do it.
That's the only way I really know to create changing text above events, can be used for lots of great things really... but also works for this. At least seemed to do well in my tests.

...and that would be a setup like this: What it looks like in game:
I'm actually looking for a solution which doesn't involve a timer - so they message boxes remain on the screen until the player clicks/triggers one of them. Or am I misunderstanding what you're suggesting your plugin can do?

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually looking for a solution which doesn't involve a timer - so they message boxes remain on the screen until the player clicks/triggers one of them. Or am I misunderstanding what you're suggesting your plugin can do?
Yeah my plugin can achieve that. The reason is it doesn't have use the timer expire part so it can count up instead and be "kind of hacked" to make never ending displaying text (doesn't have to change but it also can) this can be achieved using the parameter settings I have shown above.

Last edited:

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah my plugin can achieve that. The reason is it doesn't have use the timer expire part so it can count up instead and be "kind of hacked" to make never ending displaying text (doesn't have to change but it also can) this can be achieved using the parameter settings I have shown above.
Oh cool! I'll have a play and see if I can get it to do what I need. Thanks!

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh cool! I'll have a play and see if I can get it to do what I need. Thanks!
Sounds good let me know how it goes. :popcorn:
It's really quite a useful plugin. :cutesmile: :thumbsup-right:

Hahasea

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds good let me know how it goes. :popcorn:
It's really quite a useful plugin. :cutesmile: :thumbsup-right:
Hey, just wanted to check, will it be possible (using your plugin) to make the messages appear in a balloon so that it can be in the same style as what I'll be doing with Galv Message Styles on all my regular message balloons?

Also, any chance you have a youtube setup vid? Makes it easier to get my head around setup.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cst