Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Eh, it's me again!

Trying to get that authentic NES feel out of my game, so I am trying to make some simplistic 8 by 8 tiles, but plan on enlarging them three times over like the rest of my Graphics in the game. If I'm doing my math right, I believe I should get 32 by 32 tiles, but the default is 40 by 40, and I tried my tiles but they don't seem to work very well in my game. Is there a way to use smaller tiles?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) the default is 48x48, not 40x40.
2) 300% enlarging would get you 24x24, not 32 - and you would simply have to enlarge 600% to get 48x48...
3) you could use Shaz plugin for changing the grid size, but that would require you to still use an 48x48 mockup for the editor - better use the correct enlarging as described above.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Maybe I should just make 16 by 16 tiles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vulgourso