Using SV Battlers outside of a Battle ?

BlondeSamurai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I wanted to ask whether or not it would be possible to have way to use the SV Battlers within the normal game ( so outside of the Battle ) because it would allow for some neat litle emotions/poses etc.

I have done some tests so far to try and trick the system, those were putting the SV battle animation sprites into an Animation sheet ( attack animation ) and having the Player use the animation.

However the main Problem is that I wasnt able to overlay the animation with the actor, plus the animation was transparent which is a bummer.

I then tried to use the Show Picture command however I am having trouble placing the Picture on the spot where the Actor ( Player ) is.

Even tho I am calculating the exact X/Y Positions of the player, the Picture always ends up in the top left Corner...Ill add Pictures below.

P.S I used an Event like a Chest to trigger a Switch in order to activate the Picture showing Event ( Trying to have the Actor do like a Victory/Showing Pose like "ITEM GET"...if you know what I mean...)

So yeah I hope these Pictures help you Understand what I am trying to do...if theres anything unclear you can ask ^^

I guess that the Showing Picture Event doesnt actualy work with the actual  Map Coordinates, so ill have to change the Coordinates...or rather modify them however I have no idea how I am supposed to Modify them sothat its gonna be possible to have it show up right where the Actor is all the time.

I havent found a Plugin that does that yet, but in case you know one, please tell me :p
If you have any Idea how to do what I just described than please explain it to me.

Thanks alot for taking your time reading through this and for trying to help.

Ignus Studios

Villager
Reaction score
Center it(not sure if this would work in and of itself, never really played around with pictures) and instead of using variables use direct designation. The cords are in the bottom right. 

Shin_Sello

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello there ^^

You could do the following:

-) Go to Common Events(Database - since you'll need that event a lot)

-) Create a new event

-) Go to event commands and select "Control Variables..."

-) Create 2 variables, call them something recognizable like "Emotion X/Y"

-) Then press on "Game Data" and save "Screen X" and "Screen Y" in your Variables

-) Now it would show the picture directly under the main character starting from the middle, so go to "Control Variables..." again and change it to: "X -24" and "Y -48"

-) save the Common Event

-) now every time you need an emotion, go to show picture and use "Designation with variables" and use you "Emotion X/Y" variables

-) Done

You can now fine tune it, if you want, but overall it should work ^^

I also attached some pics to help you ^^

Greetings

Common Event.PNG

Done.PNG

Event.PNG

BlondeSamurai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your help, I solved the problem now thanks to your Description.

FYI for those trying to do the same, The SV Battlers are 64x64 and the Normal Sprites are 48x48 so youll need to size them down a tad ( I sized them down by 80% ) and you might want to increase the Contrast on the edges of your SV battler Sprite so the shading is similar to the normal Sprites.

Shin_Sello

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm glad that I was able to help ^^

Greetings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?
Hopefully this gets fixed before release..
Where's this sudden heatwave come from? It's not even sunny, it's just hot. Hate it!
I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcamp10565