Using Templates?

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, basically I found a resource by Avery, which is a naked sprite in a wheelchair... I need this sprite but I just don't plain know how to use it?

Can someone please tell me how? Where do I paste this template?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV . Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV . Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
Hello, can a moderator please approve this question soon?

I really want to know how to use templates. Where do I paste the template exactly?

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, can a moderator please approve this question soon?

I really want to know how to use templates. Where do I paste the template exactly?

Templates of this sort are not destined to be used directly by RPG Maker, but are the basis for creating finished sprites using graphic tools such as Photoshop or Gimp. The format is compatible with RPG MV (and it will work as a character 'as is', if put into the 'character' folder of your project...), but will still be naked, of course. Used as a starting point for adding the relevant clothes etc, with the graphic programme, any clothing suitable for the character can be added, sprite by sprite, pixel by pixel, the result saved into the 'character' folder for use in your game.

Hope this helps; subject to completion, correction and/or contradiction from others.

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Templates of this sort are not destined to be used directly by RPG Maker, but are the basis for creating finished sprites using graphic tools such as Photoshop or Gimp. The format is compatible with RPG MV (and it will work as a character 'as is', if put into the 'character' folder of your project...), but will still be naked, of course. Used as a starting point for adding the relevant clothes etc, with the graphic programme, any clothing suitable for the character can be added, sprite by sprite, pixel by pixel, the result saved into the 'character' folder for use in your game.

Hope this helps; subject to completion, correction and/or contradiction from others.

Oh! Ok, thank you!

So, basically, I have to edit the template and draw the characters clothes on my own. Alright, I got it. :D

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh! Ok, thank you!

So, basically, I have to edit the template and draw the characters clothes on my own. Alright, I got it. :D

I'd recommend copying the template first, and editing the copy. Keep the original template unaltered for another time. Other than that, yes, you've 'got it'. Would you care to share the result with us when you've finished, please..?  BD

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikleo

Resource Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd recommend copying the template first, and editing the copy. Keep the original template unaltered for another time. Other than that, yes, you've 'got it'. Would you care to share the result with us when you've finished, please..?  BD

Sure! Once I finished editing it, I'll post it in the original creator's page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, there.
I'm Creta Park, as Software engineer and Indie game developer.

Profile : creft.me/cretapark
GitHub : github.com/creta5164
Blog : creta5164.tumblr.com

My stuff

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thanhlan