Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

I have encountered some difficulty when attempting to change how TP operates in my project. Essentially, I'm trying to make it work backwards, in a functional sense.

In my concept, Characters want to ensure that their TP bar is always at a low-mid range level at most and not at a high level, because when it reaches 100% I want to activate a state which is essentially equivalent to a character being out of action in combat.

I'm also trying to make my skills and states reflect this, some skills reduce character's own TP bar whilst helping to regenerate the enemies TP bar.

Due to the way RPG Maker MV works, I'm having to do this in a sort of peculiar way.. I've downloaded a few plugins related to TP and perimeters but none really seem to *fit the bill* so to speak.

I've also had to take the 'Guard' flag out of consideration as it seems to increase TP simply by being activated, which is of course, undesirable for me.

I've tried going into the RpgObjects.js about these particular issues as well, but I seemed to find that tampering with the files in this manner just seemed to create MORE problems in the way of error messages in the game window that would link to missing segments of code, etc.

Is there anyway I could feasibly do this? Moreover, is there any manner in which I can get a not which specifically reduces the value in the TP bar by a set amount, rather than a *cost*? Thank you.

Also is it possible to enable counterattacks without granting ANY increase to TP? Thank you.

SwiftSign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For activating a state at 100 TP, you can use Yanfly's states core to do that I believe?

To lower TP with an attack, you can just use a little script in the damage formula box. It'll get a little messier, but its probably the easiest way.

I didn't know counterattacking itself grants TP? Is it the counterattack or because the default attack still grants 10 TP?

BaronVampson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For activating a state at 100 TP, you can use Yanfly's states core to do that I believe?
Thanks, I'll check it out. I've been studying HIME's ones just now but it doesn't really seem to be specific enough..

To lower TP with an attack, you can just use a little script in the damage formula box. It'll get a little messier, but its probably the easiest way.
I only started using this program earlier this week unfortunately so I'm still very green around the edges. What would be the best way to go about doing this?

I didn't know counterattacking itself grants TP? Is it the counterattack or because the default attack still grants 10 TP?
I tested it myself, the successful counterattack grants 10 TP, or at least for me it does.

SwiftSign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I only started using this program earlier this week unfortunately so I'm still very green around the edges. What would be the best way to go about doing this?
I believe putting "a.gainTP(-10)" would work for losing 10 TP, "a" references the user, "b" the skill target.

I tested it myself, the successful counterattack grants 10 TP, or at least for me it does.
Does the default attack (Skill #1) still have "10" set in its TP box in the database?

BaronVampson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe putting "a.gainTP(-10)" would work for losing 10 TP, "a" references the user, "b" the skill target.
I also managed to use Hime Formula Effects to enable me to do this in the Note box, so I appreciate that.

Does the default attack (Skill #1) still have "10" set in its TP box in the database?
Yes actually, I'm surprised/ashamed that it was something so simple.. No wonder I couldn't find anything referencing it in rpgobject.js lol

Right now I'm trying to do more unconventional things with the states commands. I'm trying to make it so that certain States occur automatically at certain points of progress on the TP bar.

<Custom Passive Condition>

if (user.tp / user.mtp <= 0.05) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

</Custom Passive Condition>
I'm not quite sure if this is the correct code, but I'm trying to use a percentage instead of a flat value to compensate for the fact that not all TP bars may have the same Maximum value. Either way, I've tested it in battles, and it doesn't seem to function at all. The code that I placed in the notes of the state that I was talking about that activates when the TP bar is at maximum capacity is as follows, but it doesn't seem to be functioning properly either:

<Custom Passive Condition>

if (user.tp === user.maxTp()) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

</Custom Passive Condition>

<override state: 0162>

<override state: 0164>

<override state: 0166>

<override state: 0168>

<override state: 0170>
I'm also using Hime's override states but because the state won't activate at all I have no Idea whether it actually functions or not.

BaronVampson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mods can you please lock this thread/mark this issue as resolved, I managed to find out a way of doing this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh wow, just got word the police are looking for an armed suspect within a 2 block radius of my office. Super glad I'm not there right now. :kaoswt:
Sheila Nagase

same caption as before. :3
"Be as honest as you possibly can as often as you can. It makes your lies much easier to believe."
Each new game means new ways to survive and you need to adapt when you have 10 different stores with lots of items for your adventure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neotek7