Using the VX Ace engine in your XP games - the kiss tutorial!

Discussion in 'RMXP Tutorials' started by Terv, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Snowflower

Snowflower Villager

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much! :D

2. muramasa

muramasa Abomination of life, or life itself.

First Language:
    Spanish
    Excuse me, but does anyone know/remember what was/were the solution/s for when you have this "RMXP 1.05", and it overwrites the RGSS3 dll? I just upgraded my RPG Maker version (because of random issues), and I would like to know if I can continue using this one, or reinstall/return to my old reliable previous version.

Thanks in advance.

PS.: If only http://aluxes-loves-eric.tk/ was still online... :'C.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did a kind of simple solution. I have the RGSS3 DLL at the program's folder, side by side with the other DLL. Then I made two batch files, which just rename each DLL properly, depending on my needs (I called one of them enRGSS3er.bat, and the other one is deRGSS3er.bat, you can guess that one "installs" RGSS3 and the other "uninstalls" it xD).

Thing is, the program crashes if the original RGSS104E.dll is not there. Hence the need to "uninstall" it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2014
  3. Demaier

Demaier I shall nomnomnom you >:D

First Language:
    English
    Does anyone still have a copy of the zip file that they can upload?

4. Rave

Rave Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    I have question: Is this even legal? I mean, assuming I own both XP and Ace licenses. Can I sell games made this way? Frankly the only thing keeping me back from returning to XP is an event lagfest XP is.

5. bobombard

bobombard Warper

Apparently, that link isn't working either.

6. annafire88

annafire88 Warper

First Language:
    English
    I know this is a long-dead (kind-of) topic, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows that this project is still alive and well. After Terv disappeared from one of the other forums this was posted on, some of us took it upon ourselves to continue the project. There's a full site dedicated to it (which shouldn't be going down anytime soon!), and in addition to the site, I'm working on the tracker too; I found a mirror of the old one, and will be sifting through the spam-infested topics to pull whatever useful data I can. The site is located at http://rmxpace.com; finally, there's also some good news to add to the end! We're releasing version 1.5 of XPAce tonight, with a bunch of bug fixes, some code compressions, and a standard tilemap rewrite, specifically designed for XPAce. Any questions, comments, etc. can be submitted through the site I linked, and, though here, or on the topic at Chaos Project

Thanks for listening/reading!

7. Loron

Loron Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    "RMXP version 1.05: Refer to the solution of this report."

the link "this report" isnt existing anymore :(

EDIT: oh never mind just read the post above mine!