EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hopefully someone else has had to do this.

I use the TitleCommonEvent plugin by Jorel Mayer to put an option on my title menu (the option, incidentally, is a common event that can delete saves and reset game progress, in case the user wants to do this).

I would like to add a second option, which would go to another common event (this 2nd event would take the user to some "password" functionality, that would allow them to unlock certain things if they know the correct password).

However, the plugin only supports adding one option, and duplicating it doesn't work (it just uses whichever version of the plugin is higher in the list).

Is there a straightforward way to make this possible?

The plugin is here; I would ask the creator themselves but they've been "away" since 2017.

The plugin basically loads a specified map and carries out the common event. My events immediately return-to-title afterwards.

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think you'd need to edit the plugin code and parameters for what you're asking. A simple solution would be:
  • Make a copy of the plugin with a different name (e.g. title_common_event2.js)
  • Replace the name of the plugin in this line with the new name:
    JavaScript:
    var params = PluginManager.parameters('title_common_event')
Then you should be able to use that for a second "common event" command.

Alternatively, I happen to have a similar plugin for adding multiple customisable "New Game" commands. Here's a link in case you're interested:
v1.5.0+ of the editor is strongly recommended, otherwise the New Commands parameter will be very awkward to edit. There's no event bind, but you can do that via an Autorun map event~

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you'd need to edit the plugin code and parameters for what you're asking. A simple solution would be:
  • Make a copy of the plugin with a different name (e.g. title_common_event2.js)
  • Replace the name of the plugin in this line with the new name:
    JavaScript:
    var params = PluginManager.parameters('title_common_event')
Then you should be able to use that for a second "common event" command.

Unfortunately, this approach yields an error.

1623527361174.png

I guess it's just not designed to be used in this way; I think it might be a bigger job.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, yep, I had a closer look at that plugin and it seems it defines everything globally. It means you'd also have to rename most of the variables for that to work. :kaoslp:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad_At_Scripting