Using Variables

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Chiyoko Yumi, Nov 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Chiyoko Yumi

Chiyoko Yumi Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have trouble with an event where I need two different items to get through the next room, and I'm thinking of using a variable.

Any solutions?

The items are like a potion and 300 gold. I'm having trouble in having the conditions be that he must have those two items with 

him at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
  2. Dungeonmind

Dungeonmind Lvl 4000 Humanoid Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You just use a conditional branch inside of another conditional branch like this:

Screenie.png

Otherwise I don't know what your trying to do exactly. Like are the items quest items and will be removed after you get through? Or do you need the party not to get through every time they don't have the items as well? Just a little more information to get you in the right direction might be needed unless you've found what you were looking for. I don't mind helping you so feel free to ask me for more help. :)

[EDIT] I'll do even better since your not answering. Here's a second example of what you can do to check. In both else cases it switches a switch OFF to signify that the party does NOT have both required items to proceed. In the direct center of both conditionals a switch gets turned ON to signify that the party does in fact have both items required to pass. and then finally you check with a conditional if the switch is ON or OFF with an else condition. I tried to make it as clear as possible. Hope that helps.

Screenie2.png

3. Chiyoko Yumi

First Language:
    English
    @Dungeonmind sorry for the late response.

4. Dungeonmind

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Chiyoko Yumi It's not a problem! Did you get it working how you wanted? :)

5. Chiyoko Yumi

First Language:
    English
    @Dungeonmind It works perfectly, but do I need to erase the event after with a self switch or a end event command?

6. Dungeonmind

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well that depends entirely on you. If you want to disallow the party to make it back through when they don't have the appropriate items then you don't erase the event. You leave it as is (assuming you've done your event exactly like mine). If the party is no longer needed to be stopped from entering then you can erase event or use a self switch to flip off the page yes. But again this is up to you. :)  I hope that helps.